Changing slots used using an object mod

A5b84

Hi,

I'm currently creating a mod that adds an attachment for helmets and I want that attachment to make the helmet not use the hair slots (30 & 31)

My objective is to get this:

Without attachment: helmet occupies slots 30, 31 and 46

With attachment: helmet occupies slot 46

But I don't know how to edit slots with an attachment :/

Edited by MysterTroll

Actually, you should be able to by using ARMA (armor addon) records. You have to change the base armor record to not have the 30 and 31 slots, then make an ARMA record for it (if it doesn't already have one) that has those slots, and another ARMA record for you new attachment that does not have those slots. Then you can use Object Modification records to let the player change them out. Just make sure neither ARMA record is given an index value of 0 (in the main armor record). If you are unsure what I mean, I can add some screenshots later when I have access to my main computer.

Actually, you should be able to by using ARMA (armor addon) records. You have to change the base armor record to not have the 30 and 31 slots, then make an ARMA record for it (if it doesn't already have one) that has those slots, and another ARMA record for you new attachment that does not have those slots. Then you can use Object Modification records to let the player change them out. Just make sure neither ARMA record is given an index value of 0 (in the main armor record). If you are unsure what I mean, I can add some screenshots later when I have access to my main computer.

I tried this but for some reason one of the attachments I added makes the mod slot unusable :/

I'll try doing this differently and maybe it will work

Edit: I think it was buggy because of attachments giving wrong index value, but now it works as it should

Thank you so much for your help ^^

Edited by MysterTroll