A mod that allows me to play a good character

Galadrew

Interesting argument. You are playing a game which revolves around killing, and protesting killing in the game. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to consider a game which doesn't involve killing? Perhaps a Nick Jr. game? Dora the explorer? Barney? Sesame Street? Besides, Killing that witch Grelod is probably the single most "good" assassination in the game. Don't think of it as murder, think of it as sending your vic...er, dearest friend on a permanent vacation to the Void. Hail Sithis!

Edit:

Just wanted to add that there are lots of rpg's out there, and that overall, most have "linear" quest lines. In fact, I can only think of a few where just about every encounter has a "good" "neutral" "evil" response/action choice. Anyhow, enjoy the game guys.

Edited by camsmoker1983

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such things as good coves who run around stomping folk, adventurers in any plane are evil in general neutral at best the grandiose gits that call em' self good are just trying not to feel guilty about why all their shiny jink is covered in blood if you ask me.

If someone wanted to be a good berk they woulda started family and worked on a business not picking up a sticker to put in every sod that disagreed with em' into the dead book!

The dragonborn is a pure freaking evil basher if I've ever seen one myself- not some savior god king that the bards diddle about; after all he's got the soul of a dragon probably wanted that rainbow place all to em' self and get some new songs sung about em too.

Call me a bleaker if ya like but that's how I sees it.

In my opinion It depends on your character's actions and beliefs. I try to play as a good guy. This means I never steal, I don't go looking for people to kill, I only attack those that are attacking me or are attacking other innocents, and I always help people that need help. However Alduin is an obvious threat to the world so therefore he, and the rest of the "bad" dragons are fair game. Also even though Grelod is an evil person, if you are playing as a Paladin for example it would be against your beliefs and unhonorable to outright kill an unarmed old lady.

Edited by CelerasRingor

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting argument. You are playing a game which revolves around killing, and protesting killing in the game. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to consider a game which doesn't involve killing? Perhaps a Nick Jr. game? Dora the explorer? Barney? Sesame Street? Besides, Killing that witch Grelod is probably the single most "good" assassination in the game. Don't think of it as murder, think of it as sending your vic...er, dearest friend on a permanent vacation to the Void. Hail Sithis!

Edit:

Just wanted to add that there are lots of rpg's out there, and that overall, most have "linear" quest lines. In fact, I can only think of a few where just about every encounter has a "good" "neutral" "evil" response/action choice. Anyhow, enjoy the game guys.

It always amuses me when the emo loonies come out way too strongly against a particular mod someone wants. It's as though they think someone is ruining their precious game and they feel they need to take up arms to defend its integrity.

News flash: if you don't like a particular mod don't install it. Problem solved. No need to put your tyrannical tendencies on display for all the world to see.

Edited by Galadrew

I suppose I see what you all are getting at, but I am actually sort of pleased that Skyrim didnt turn out to be as shiney as you wanted. Morrowind didnt feel like you where a "good" guy in the end really, good people are forced into bad situations all the time that is why being the good guy SHOULD be harder then anything else. Most games cater 90% to the good guy, when truthfully no one side is ever really good they all have evil in them.

So you have to kill a old lady who is abuseing children, and I feel abuseing them more so then you are really told. You do it because this is the only way to get to the real bad guys who are murdering hundreds of people all the time, you feel dirty for killing her even perhaps evil... but you know what being the good "knight" means you make the hard choices so that normal good people can live a better life then what you have.

To me being the knight in shining armor means you have choosen to take the harder path so that the farmer and his happy family can live a life without tainting themselves, no one chooses to be a "hero" so they can live happly ever after in the end. It is a choice to be a true hero, any evil person can be forced to "save" the world from dragons because those dragons want to eat him and do not want to parley.

Now I do understand where you all are coming from and mod to add that perfect good guy game will appeal to many people, but you shouldnt come down on the game quest writers for makeing things more "real" then perfect.

Being a nub and not reading the whole thread, just addressing the OP and title. This would be great. As it stands though, this would need to be more like a grand collection of mods. Probably by a bunch of different authors. For example, dark brotherhood righteous fix, Clean up riften ability(that's a big'un), Paarthurnax fix(exists for this purpose, great mod to have), clean up mage college immage quests, bards college fix, etc...

Ok maybe not so much the bards one.. but wtf is up with the bard college anyways? Could you get anymore lame than a place you just get to be a member of and that's the end of it?

Anyways, pick a part and fix it. You know you want to. I know I want some people to. Take a lesson from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13056 and don't even bother with the quest system if you don't want to lol. Make it a bunch of notes or something creative and some stuff that changes after you kill enough bad guys. No reason to make it excessively complicated, you can probably get away with more than you think with enough thought on a simple story.

IMO, the evil route is severely limited and has more restrictions than the goody-two-shoes route.

My biggest complaint is needing to be nice to quest NPC 99% of the time, and when you have a big bounty, they all turn hostile and you can't make anymore progress, and most of them are unkillable so we can't even search their corpses if they have an item we need to continue the quests, and pickpocketing is hard when they're all hostile.

There should be a mod that lets evil players continue quests even when the quest NPCs become enemies, so we can subdue the unklillable ones, then torture the information out of them.

The way it is now is very unsatisfying: your bounty is high, you come to a village needing to find an NPC who's the next stage of a quest, the guards atatck you, the villagers join in, you slaughter them, you find the quest NPC, but they're hostile and unkillable, the quest comes to a crashing halt because you're evil enough to murder the whole village, but apparently you wouldn't dream of hurting someone who has some information you want.

IMO, the evil route is severely limited and has more restrictions than the goody-two-shoes route.

My biggest complaint is needing to be nice to quest NPC 99% of the time, and when you have a big bounty, they all turn hostile and you can't make anymore progress, and most of them are unkillable so we can't even search their corpses if they have an item we need to continue the quests, and pickpocketing is hard when they're all hostile.

There should be a mod that lets evil players continue quests even when the quest NPCs become enemies, so we can subdue the unklillable ones, then torture the information out of them.

The way it is now is very unsatisfying: your bounty is high, you come to a village needing to find an NPC who's the next stage of a quest, the guards atatck you, the villagers join in, you slaughter them, you find the quest NPC, but they're hostile and unkillable, the quest comes to a crashing halt because you're evil enough to murder the whole village, but apparently you wouldn't dream of hurting someone who has some information you want.

I think the game is designed in such a way that you can either engage in genocide in the towns OR do the quests. I don't think it was meant that you'd be able to do both.

I'd love a mod that lets me play a good character (a Paladin, for example). I'll explain:

A true RPG allows you to play either good or evil, but Skyrim forces you to play an evil character.

I'll give an example to clarify what I have in mind:

In the quest "Innocence Lost", I'm asked to kill Grelod the Kind. But killing someone for being unkind to children is not something that a good character would do. The game should give more measured options, such as using persuasion to convince Grelod to look for another line of work, arranging to have the children adopted, etc.

In Skyrim, if you want to rid the land of the Dark Brotherhood, you're forced to kill Grelod first, Which means you've already become as evil as they and killing them would just show you to be a hypocrite.

I tried every way to kill astrid without having to use console codes and without killing Grelod but the game gave me no such choice. Commander Maro never shows up at the Penitus Oculatus post in Dragon Bridge unless you kill Grelod first.

It would be nice to be able to get a quest to kill Astrid and enter the shack east of solitude without having to cheat. Astrid should have appropriate dialogue for the ocasion. Right now, if you enter the shack without killing Grelod, she just says "Brother?" and, ironically, says "Well done" when you kill her, which seems inappropriate in the first meeting to say the least.

I used that particular quest as an example but the idea is to make a mod that gives your character the choice to do the "right thing" in as many quests as possible.

Thx

:facepalm: Why did you join the dark bortherhood ? :wallbash:

I'd love a mod that lets me play a good character (a Paladin, for example). I'll explain:

A true RPG allows you to play either good or evil, but Skyrim forces you to play an evil character.

I'll give an example to clarify what I have in mind:

In the quest "Innocence Lost", I'm asked to kill Grelod the Kind. But killing someone for being unkind to children is not something that a good character would do. The game should give more measured options, such as using persuasion to convince Grelod to look for another line of work, arranging to have the children adopted, etc.

In Skyrim, if you want to rid the land of the Dark Brotherhood, you're forced to kill Grelod first, Which means you've already become as evil as they and killing them would just show you to be a hypocrite.

I tried every way to kill astrid without having to use console codes and without killing Grelod but the game gave me no such choice. Commander Maro never shows up at the Penitus Oculatus post in Dragon Bridge unless you kill Grelod first.

It would be nice to be able to get a quest to kill Astrid and enter the shack east of solitude without having to cheat. Astrid should have appropriate dialogue for the ocasion. Right now, if you enter the shack without killing Grelod, she just says "Brother?" and, ironically, says "Well done" when you kill her, which seems inappropriate in the first meeting to say the least.

I used that particular quest as an example but the idea is to make a mod that gives your character the choice to do the "right thing" in as many quests as possible.

Thx

:facepalm: Why did you join the dark bortherhood ? :wallbash:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have just won first prize for reading comprehension!

I write a post clearly explaining why I COULD NOT join the Dark Brotherhood and that's the only question your brain cells are capable of firing off? :facepalm: