Liberty reprimed bug

snapper69

Well, I disabled all my mods, started the game, saved it, loaded the save and built 4 actuators, looked at the data, 0/4 built. Opened the console did setstage 120 (I think) and went to see Teagen, she wouldn't speak to me. So I opened the console again and did setstage 255 (I think) to complete the mission, it worked and I was able to start the next mission. I re-enabled all my mods (what a ball ache) and set about rebuilding walls that had disappeared, clothing naked settlers, reaquiring and modding weapons etc. I still think that Liberty is borked though, but at least I can carry on.

When I started playing again, one of my quests as to contact Peter at Railroad HQ, when I did he started the Vault 59 quest which I had previously finished. That was a real PITA with the Sons of Atom in Power Armour almost impossible to kill with firearms, until I'd reduced their health with Plasma grenades/mines. Enemies in PA seem a lot harder to kill in this playthrough.

• 4 years later...

Hello! I know this thread is wild old, but I ran into the exact same bug last night and was able to find a solution with console commands (on PC). The commands are tricky, and almost all the posts I found online say the incorrect stage number-- simply bypassing the Actuator build part of the quest (120) will NOT unblock you. You will get the flag to go back to talk to Ingram, but she will just give you vanilla NPC text and not advance the quest. Through trial and error, I found the correct quest stage to select:

setstage ae51c 200 -- This will bring you right to activating Liberty Prime. This works, however the 2 issues I had was 1) If you had Danse as a companion-- he is still a companion (he is supposed to stay behind at Sentinel Site Prescott) so that will cause problems if you are trying to move forward with Blind Betrayal - and 2) Liberty Prime can load with... no legs. HE'S GOT NO LEGS! No idea if this screws up the game later, I was too busy laughing.

setstage ae51c 160 -- This will start the quest to fetch the payload bombs at Sentinel. Sure, it bypasses the fun of getting to chat with Haylen --but honestly this was the cleanest answer. Grab Danse as your companion, go get those bombs, and wave GOODBYE to the broke as s**t Boston Airport workbench. I had zero issues completing the mission, all NPCs had the correct dialogue and plot flags, and Blind Betrayal started (and completed) normally. If you are stuck trying to get those actuators built-- this is the command to use!

I am posting this here in case someone else is frantically searching for answers at 1am :) Hope it helps! Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hello! I know this thread is wild old, but I ran into the exact same bug last night and was able to find a solution with console commands (on PC). The commands are tricky, and almost all the posts I found online say the incorrect stage number-- simply bypassing the Actuator build part of the quest (120) will NOT unblock you. You will get the flag to go back to talk to Ingram, but she will just give you vanilla NPC text and not advance the quest. Through trial and error, I found the correct quest stage to select:

setstage ae51c 200 -- This will bring you right to activating Liberty Prime. This works, however the 2 issues I had was 1) If you had Danse as a companion-- he is still a companion (he is supposed to stay behind at Sentinel Site Prescott) so that will cause problems if you are trying to move forward with Blind Betrayal - and 2) Liberty Prime can load with... no legs. HE'S GOT NO LEGS! No idea if this screws up the game later, I was too busy laughing.

setstage ae51c 160 -- This will start the quest to fetch the payload bombs at Sentinel. Sure, it bypasses the fun of getting to chat with Haylen --but honestly this was the cleanest answer. Grab Danse as your companion, go get those bombs, and wave GOODBYE to the broke as s**t Boston Airport workbench. I had zero issues completing the mission, all NPCs had the correct dialogue and plot flags, and Blind Betrayal started (and completed) normally. If you are stuck trying to get those actuators built-- this is the command to use!

I am posting this here in case someone else is frantically searching for answers at 1am :smile: Hope it helps! Good luck!

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to thank you for this, as well as add a SetStage command. :)

I experienced the same problem where constructing the actuators didn't progress the quest.. so I hit up Google and eventually arrived here. I tried the 160 stage as you suggested, but.. what happened is that while Liberty Prime started up no problem, the game assumed I'd already found the bombs at Sentinal, so when I went to speak with Maxson, he gave me the Blind Betrayal quest... which was a problem, because Danse was still there with me. I considered returning to my save, and dismissing Danse before mucking with the console, but.. I was worried something would go wrong, so, instead, I did more digging and landed at the Wiki Page (https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Liberty_Reprimed). Instead of using 160, I tried using 140. This time, my journal directed me to find Scribe Haylen at Waypoint Echo; I headed there, chatted with Scribe Haylen, and everything proceeded as normal.

I'm not sure why the 160 command didn't precisely work for me, but I do have several mods affecting the Brotherhood/Danse, most notably "The Danse Dilemma," and I just had to deal with a bug in that (which I seem to have resolved), so there may be a relationship. Who knows.... Bethesda games... they're a tad buggy to begin with, and, of course, once you start adding mods to the equation things sometimes become even more buggy.

So... if anyone find themselves in my situation, hopefully this will help! :)