Fallout 3/New Vegas mod combiner?

timone317

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I made a point to search for anything similar before posting. Has anyone bothered to make a utility for combining Fallout mods? I've always wanted to go back and clean up my mod collection for 3 and New Vegas...it's a bit annoying navigating through the FOMM menu with multiple specific mods (for example, six Tenpenny Tower mods in a row). I'd also like to have a generalized weapon pack available. Goes without saying but this would be for personal use, it isn't like I intend to upload combined mods.

You mean something like this http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/5104/?

And I imagine NV has it's own version.

But that's not just easy peasy smash any ole mods up together ... it takes some know how of what is present in the mods.

Because you can end up with a shism load of duplicates. And I am sure there is more nuances that I am not aware of yet.

But of course you can clean it up with the x-edit tool pretty easy. And sometimes you might just want to only use the x-edit tool to move specific parts of the mod over to another file.

Edited by Mktavish

I'm mostly interested in getting rid of my long list of weapon mods and compiling them into one ESP (that said, I also wouldn't mind tossing all the modded weapons into a single cell so I may eventually take some time to figure out the GECK). I simply hoped something had been made to make the combination process quicker and easier.

Edited by timone317

• 1 month later...

Well for your personal use ... no holds barred. But if you intend to release the mod ... you cannot use any assets specific to NV in an Fo3 mod.

But Batcave ? I am not familiar with that mod ... and it may very well be just using assets already present in Fo3.

And then if there is specific content created by the mod creator ... well of course you need to talk to them.

So you mention this is a project of yours , which I assume you are knee deep working with the geck then.

And to move assets from NV to Fo3 / vice versa ... is usually rather painless. Just pluck them from that directory and plant them in the other ... navigate in geck to use it.

Admittedly I am a not the best at tinkering with mods, tried making a Joker character but had issues locating the modded ghoul mask.

The NV mod is an extension of Ashara's top notch Batman and Catwoman mod. I asked Tedmani who did the Batcave and but no response has come yet, though SidneyB who did the F3 mod got back to me. We talked about adding a few non lethal Batweapons. A Taser effect Electo-Batarang comes to mind. Sonic Grenades. I have a few ideas.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/10334/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36068/?