Freezes or Slo-Mo in various cells

jjb54

I'm trying to do: Hunting the Hunter, or what ever it's called. I get close to the building and my game just LOCKS up - CTD - get the error time bar in Windows.

For the life of me, I do NOT know what is going on? I tried disabling my mods and it still does this.

There are certain CELLS where the game will either go into SLOW MO or LOCK and I have to exit the game.

This started at the very beginning ... with Concord. I thought it was a specific MOD and though it took some of the problems away ..... I decided to turn off ALL my mods - CLEAN GAME with NOTHING in the save except the DLC's.

Game still stalled - lagged - or slow mo with NO mods active or in the saved file. It was totally clean of ALL MODS as it was a brand new game.

Now there are certain cells that - FORGET IT - they are not going to work, period.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I took a break from this game, because I got tired of the " Updates " - " F4SE Catch up " lag. I do * NOT * fault F4SE developers for that, not at all.

So from Oct. 16 to Feb. 17 , I did not play the game. I figured I would let the two worlds catch up. Played Skyrim instead.

I obviously had a lot of Mod Updates and such to go through and SKSE ... and well, you read above, that I still had / have issues. I do NOT have a low end computer.

Intel i7-4820K CPU, 3.7 ghz

Windows 8.1 pro - 64 BIT

20 Gigs of System Ram

GeForce GTX 770

Fallout 4 is a game that I want to recommend, but every time I try to play it, it's more problematic then not, even without MODS.

Ya, I'm frustrated, I admit it .... so help an old frustrated guy with some thoughts or suggestions, please. :smile:

I also have noticed in a couple of mod forums that this seems to be more of an issue lately. 1 guy even confirmed my findings with his system.

One even suggested, in a PM - "Jj, I have to wonder if Beth is doing this on purpose? That any mods not from them, are some how tagged? Well, they can tag achievements ... so why not? Though I admit this is just a frustrated theory, as I share your pain...."

I took a break from this game, because I got tired of the " Updates " - " SKSE Catch up " lag. I do * NOT * fault SKSE for that, not at all.

[...]

I obviously had a lot of Mod Updates and such to go through and SKSE ... and well, you read above, that I still had / have issues. I do NOT have a low end computer.

Well.

SKSE is the Skyrim Script Extender.

You should be using F4SE.

I took a break from this game, because I got tired of the " Updates " - " SKSE Catch up " lag. I do * NOT * fault SKSE for that, not at all.

[...]

Well.

SKSE is the Skyrim Script Extender.

You should be using F4SE.

I meant F4SE .... you are correct, my bad.

I'll correct the typo as it is a very good point.

.. Jj ...

It really depends on what mods you are using and have you tried starting a new game totally vanilla no mods? Also if you are overclocking your computer that might be an issue. If you can't get a totally vanilla game to work right and you are not overclocking then it has to be wrong settings in bios maybe you are overclocking and just don't know it or you have a hardware or software problem. Don't forget virus and spyware those things are everywhere these days. Windows 8 really sucks it could be a driver issue with it and it could also be a notorious windows update doing it too since microsoft likes to screw up everything many times a year now.

It really depends on what mods you are using and have you tried starting a new game totally vanilla no mods? Also if you are overclocking your computer that might be an issue. If you can't get a totally vanilla game to work right and you are not overclocking then it has to be wrong settings in bios maybe you are overclocking and just don't know it or you have a hardware or software problem. Don't forget virus and spyware those things are everywhere these days. Windows 8 really sucks it could be a driver issue with it and it could also be a notorious windows update doing it too since microsoft likes to screw up everything many times a year now.

I posted the answer to your question in my OP and I quote:

This started at the very beginning ... with Concord. I thought it was a specific MOD and though it took some of the problems away ..... I decided to turn off ALL my mods - CLEAN GAME with NOTHING in the save except the DLC's.

Game still stalled - lagged - or slow mo with NO mods active or in the saved file. It was totally clean of ALL MODS as it was a brand new game.

Not sure how much clearer I could have made that???

your only hope

is to get better hardware

It's amazing how many people say that, but they forget to remove all the loose files (mesh, texture, sounds, music, materials, interface, scripts, etc) from their data folders...

It's amazing how many people say that, but they forget to remove all the loose files (mesh, texture, sounds, music, materials, interface, scripts, etc) from their data folders...

Okay, I guess I needed to be far more specific. I'm not a novice to ' trouble shooting ' When I say there were NO MODS except the DLC and it was a brand new, totally started from scratch means.

I copied my directories to another \ holding FO4 \ ... directories \ files. So I can easily recover to the current game with little to no traces to any mods. Even the Data - Mesh and so on.

In other words - It was as if the game had just been a new totally clean install of FO 4.

I thank you for this and I truly do, as I ask the same questions with the people that I have been called to help with Skyrim and FO 3 - NV - 4.

I do start with the basics and work " up " or " down " the list of trouble shooting guides.

Most Respectfully - .. Jj ...

your only hope

Okay, and what exactly would you suggest?

FO 4 gave me none of these issues, back in 2016 with the same mods, ( less their obvious updates ) and less Unofficial Patch.

All of this started in Feb. 2017, when I came back to see ' what was happening '.

Also as stated, FO 3 - NV - Skyrim - Skyrim SE - Mass Effects - Crysis - Dead Space - Bioshock (all of them ) - Paradise Ultimate and so on, do NOT experience this problem.

It is specifically related to this game and only this game.

Thus my head scratching ...... Not trying to be a P.I.T.A. Just being honest as to what I've done so far and the history.

Thanks! :)

.. Jj ...

your only hope

Okay, and what exactly would you suggest?

FO 4 gave me none of these issues, back in 2016 with the same mods, ( less their obvious updates ) and less Unofficial Patch.

All of this started in Feb. 2017, when I came back to see ' what was happening '.

Also as stated, FO 3 - NV - Skyrim - Skyrim SE - Mass Effects - Crysis - Dead Space - Bioshock (all of them ) - Paradise Ultimate and so on, do NOT experience this problem.

It is specifically related to this game and only this game.

Thus my head scratching ...... Not trying to be a P.I.T.A. Just being honest as to what I've done so far and the history.

Thanks! :smile:

.. Jj ...

since nothing works your only remaining options are

wipe your operating system and hard drive and install fresh

or

get better hardware

but even this seems to be a non-option

so you are left with seek alternate reality