The Companions questline?

Lehcar

Can you turn down becoming a werewolf during the Companions questline? What consequences would doing so have? I want to play the quest, but not become a werewolf, because it doesn't fit the kind of character I'm trying to roleplay. :wacko: Edited by Lehcar

Can you turn down becoming a werewolf during the Companions questline? What consequences would doing so have? I want to play the quest, but not become a werewolf, because it doesn't fit the kind of character I'm trying to roleplay. :wacko:

-You cant

-Nothing because you cant

-Well now you get to roleplay that your character was given the chance to advance in an organization only if he/she did something they didn't want to do and he can now either accept that and advance or stick true to his/her morals and turn down the offer.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I was disappointed with the questline because I couldn't play it either. My character hates werewolves and other evil abominations like that. So to stay in character, he quit playing that questline when they wanted him to acquire a nasty disease.

I will have to go back again sometime to play it with a character who is not such a light / crusader / inquisitor / hero kind of character.

In stories, werewolves usually turn into dogs when the moon is full and run around killing people in the night. They usually can't control themselves very well while they are dogs. Twilight is not typical as far as werewolf lore goes. In Harry Potter, the werewolves have to be locked up or use powerful drugs to prevent themselves from killing innocent people while they are in dog form. Can you name me some stories where werewolves are not intrinsically evil?

In stories, werewolves usually turn into dogs when the moon is full and run around killing people in the night. They usually can't control themselves very well while they are dogs. Twilight is not typical as far as werewolf lore goes. In Harry Potter, the werewolves have to be locked up or use powerful drugs to prevent themselves from killing innocent people while they are in dog form. Can you name me some stories where werewolves are not intrinsically evil?

To break your bubble: Twilight and HP can be thrown aside when considering werewolf legends, because anything they show is simply a product of pop culture. They took the ideas of ancient stories and since they were scary, they incorporated these as villains. In Latvian folklore, a vilkacis was someone who transformed into a wolf-like monster, which could be benevolent at times. But if you want a pop culture reference:

Dr. Vijay Alezias: The demon wolf is not evil, unless the man he has bitten is evil. And it feels good to be a wolf, doesn't it?

Will Randall: Indeed it does.

-1994, Wolf (movie)

Also, regarding Twilight, I would think their "werewolf" Indians were more based on American Indian Legends of individuals who can shape-shift into animals, instead of werewolf legends.

Huh, bunch of Werewolves that arent intrinsically evil? Did you noticed that all The Circle is made up of Werewolves? lol

TES Werewolves like to hunt, thats pretty much it. But they can, and some do like The Circle, make the effort of not making non hostile humans their prey (unlike Hircine, thats why the idea of ending up in his Hunting Grounds wasnt comforting at all).

Some can go feral though, but the idea of only giving the "gift" to The Circle members was just that, to make sure tho give it to ppl who could handle it.

Edited by eltucu

My current character has the same dilemma about becoming a werewolf and she doesn't really like most of the Companions anyway. I'm planning a less principled character on the next play-through so I guess I can experience this quest-line then.