Importing a Location

GowiHasti

If I have an earlier mod where I made a building interior, like a ruined vault, and I'd like to include it in a second mod where I've got a lot of other work done is there a way to import/copy the location from mod 1 into mod 2 in the GECK or Fallout 3 Edit, etc?

The easiest way to just merge two mods is with FO3plugin http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5104

You can use FO3Edit, but its a little more complicated.

Perhaps you can tell me if it will allow me to rename the merged plugin as the current one I want to be the main one? Also, would I have to change the custom voice , texture, meshes, etc.files location?

The easiest way to just merge two mods is with FO3plugin http://fallout3.nexu...ile.php?id=5104

You can use FO3Edit, but its a little more complicated.

Perhaps you can tell me if it will allow me to rename the merged plugin as the current one I want to be the main one? Also, would I have to change the custom voice , texture, meshes, etc.files location?

The way it works is you open your main plugin, then go to a menu option 'merge plugins', which will let you select another plugin to merge into the main one. Then you just save the main one as the same name. The second one is not changed. If the second file has voice files, it will migrate them to your main file's voice file directory. Thats one cool thing that FO3Edit won't do. There can't be any junk in the source voice file directory - every file has to match up with an info in the plugin. Mesh and texture paths don't change.

Of course, back up everything before doing this.

The way it works is you open your main plugin, then go to a menu option 'merge plugins', which will let you select another plugin to merge into the main one. Then you just save the main one as the same name. The second one is not changed. If the second file has voice files, it will migrate them to your main file's voice file directory. Thats one cool thing that FO3Edit won't do. There can't be any junk in the source voice file directory - every file has to match up with an info in the plugin. Mesh and texture paths don't change.

Of course, back up everything before doing this.

That does indeed sound much simplier and quite handy indeed! Thank you for explaining the details and telling me about it!