Body textures missing after uninstalling mod

Pallori

I tried searching for a similar case, but alas I could not find one that would address a situation where removing UNP mod kills the CBBE body textures even after removal.

I had a bunch of CBBE stuff that worked well. I installed Smashin Face Overhaul, not noticing that it's for UNPB and it make quite an impression to my characters' body texture. Needless to say, I promptly removed it. Too bad that after I did this neither male nor female characters have body textures at all (armors et al do, but skin is white/blue). They should have mature skin and I don't remember what it was for males. Reinstalling the skin textures did nothing.

Is there a lingering .esp or something that could cause this? Or maybe some changes in how the game loads the textures? I'm utterly baffled and at a loss for means.

Edited by Pallori

Reinstalling the skin textures did nothing.

Just replace (reinstall) the missing cbbe textures.

I did, like I said. It did nothing. In bodyslide the correct textures appear, but not in game.

I can only assume that the reason is not that the textures aren't there but that the game is trying to read them from elsewhere due to a lingering .esp or something, but I'm damned if I can find the reason.

Tried reinstalling CBBE and Better Males again, to no avail. Frustrating.

I'm using Mod Organizer here and wondering, if I could fix the problem by manually installing the body textures to Skyrim's data folder.

Check, if there are body textures installed. Open Skyrim/data/textures/actors/character/female. This folder should exist and contain textures reading "femalebody_1.dds" (and 3 other "femalebody..." textures), "femalehands_1.dd" (plus 3 other hand textures) and "femalehead.dds" (plus 3 head textures). You can check the male textures the same way: Skyrim/data/textures/actors/characters/male. If these textures aren't there, reinstall your texture mods.

Since bodyslide works, I'd suppose at least the female textures are there though. I'd suspect, that you still have an esp installed, that changes the texture paths. Unfortunately I don't know much about MO. But your goal shoudl be to make sure, that there isn't something left, that changes texture paths.

Posting your load order her might also be a good idea - maybe someone else sees the problem.

BTW, are you playing a custom race? Custom races often use separate installation paths for textures and/or meshes.

Missing body textures = incorrect installation of body textures or no textures installed

Check all CBBE textures folders in your Skyrim game folder. Check any esp files that alter body texture path via creation kit. Make sure all of texture files are in correct place including custom races. If not, perform proper installation of body textures.

Thanks for the tips, Algabar and repusDude. I'll have to take a look at that creation kit thing, it'll be the first time I'm going to try the program.

Face textures work fine for both sexes, it's bodies my game lacks.

I found that there were some body stuff in my override folder, I promptly deleted them and tried to start again to no avail. I think, though, that if I reinstall the body textures now they wouldn't be affected by stuff that might have hampered it before. I have to test these once I get home.

I also figured that my life won't be ruined if I have to change to using UNP - those textures did work when I installed the mod, so that's always an option. Then I just have to download and install a bunch of armors converted to it, but that's nothing I can't manage.