Character movement speed

danmhensley

So I want to change my characters walking and running speed cause i find it too slow and i dont want to level up speed/agility or whatever using a console command either since it will still level as i progress.

That being said from looking at other forums i see the same things:

fMoveCharWalkMin 90.0

fMoveCharWalkMax 130.0

as the bases for walking.

I assume

fMoveCharRunMin

fMoveCharRunMax

also exist.

But i dont know what this means. are these changed in the console, the ini, or where and how can i bump these numbers up for my character. Currently im just auto-running everywhere but its leveling me at the same time just from traveling anywhere! Any advice on the subject would be very much appreciated.

Dan

Edited by danmhensley

A couple of links that may help ...

Oblivion:Movement Formulas

Movement Game Settings

I'm no expert but your character's run speed is a derived value, not something you can adjust separately from walk speed. What you could try adjusting is fMoveRunMult to make your run speed faster for any given walk speed (can't say if console would work for that).

Something to keep in mind ... as your character's speed attribute increases so would your new run speed, so you might need to adjust fMoveRunMult back to default to avoid being too much of a Speedy Gonzalos later in the game.

I just use a horse to control how quickly I level up speed early in the game.

Edited by Striker879