Messed up a quest

Inexplix

So, after performing the task requested at Tenpines and returning I killed the two settlers {just to see how it would affect the game after returning to Preston}. Now, I did not intend to save but I have the habit of quicksaving after buying/selling to merchants and in this case there was one right near the settlement and I quicksaved in a moment of no thought. Anyway to reset the quest and bring the settlers back to life? :/ As it is now Preston was not to thrilled, is done with me, and will not allow me to continue recruiting settlements for the Minutemen.

Go back to a previous save is all there really is I'm afraid. Once scripts are triggered that is about it. Even killing someone and using the resurrect command will be problematic.

Good rule of thumb with any Beth game especially with modding. Save early and often and use hard saves too. Good luck.

Go back to a previous save is all there really is I'm afraid. Once scripts are triggered that is about it. Even killing someone and using the resurrect command will be problematic.

Good rule of thumb with any Beth game especially with modding. Save early and often and use hard saves too. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply I guess it cannot be fixed. Oh well I will just save it for the next playthrough. Going to play this one Highlander style. There can be only one settlement! :p

I do hardsave but the last was at three hours in and the quicksave was at 10 hours in.

Edited by Inexplix