Problem runing TES5edit3.2

colonelklinck

Hello everybody,

I'm actually triyng to install many mods on my Skyrim special Edition(SSE) (steam version) game.

Seing that TES5Edit could help I've tried to use it but when clicking on it it doesn't recognize the game. Stg like that :

"Fatal: Could not open registry key: SOFTWARE\BethesdaSoftworks\Skyrim\"

I've a clean installation of SSE and actually I don't have the "normal" version of Skyrim installed. I uninstalled it and cleaned all tracks files and folders related to it. I only have SSE. I've launched it (once directly from the desktop launcher and once frome steam)hoping that it will solve the problem but no success. TES5edit seems not to recognize my SSE game. Does this software only work on the "normal Skyrim" game and not for SSE or what have I to do or not to do to make it work ?

Edited by colonelklinck

• 6 years later...

In order to use SSEEdit with GOG you must use a command line argument.

This is how I did it, you must substitute your own paths for mine when creating the arguments.

First right click on SSEEdit and create a shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and select "Properties" then click on "Target" so that you start at the end of the target argument all this is without the quote marks.. Hit space and enter -D:"E:\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data" space -I:"C:\Users\my name\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Skyrim.ini" space -P:"C:\Users\my name\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugin.txt" and save.

You must enter the arguments as shown exactly including the quotation marks. You might have to try a couple of times before you get it right, I certainly did, but after you get it right you start SSEEdit from that shortcut.

I assume you are using SSEEdit 4.0.4.