Partnership with Bethesda

nanneywa0401

I'm not very good with computers so I don't know how hard it'd be to do this but would it be a cool idea if Bethesda could make a deal with the author of a mod with many downloads such as LordofWars Mercenary Pack or Mikemoores MCAM and sold them as dlc to Xbox and PS4 users. They could let the author keep 75% of the profit. It would be easy money for Bethesda and it'd help mod authors out a ton. By selling the popular mods as dlc wouldn't it allow console users to have the big mods that take up huge space and still have room for other mods. Maybe on the mod's page it could have two buttons like "install for free as a mod or download as dlc for 9.99$

Swap the profits, much better.

Keep all 100% to Beth then)

I must tell you guys I'm from another parallel universe where after failed initiative with mods on Steam they've developed its selling on their own platform.

Ohff... and since then you pay for subscription to buy mods too, cause it is soooo... awesome.

Of course not, all i'm saying is OP's pretty naive if he thinks Bethesda is going to blindly open himself to be held responsible of the content (i.e DLC) for 25% of the profit. On the first paid mod attempt in addition to Steam's cut wasn't Bethesda's bigger than the author's? If my memory doesn't fail me it was.

If the story were to repeat itself in the future one can expect similar cuts and, probably, similar outcome.

considering the fact that Bethesda didn't consider this with the unofficial patches for Skyrim , when they were making the special edition , I really doubt that anything like this will ever be done

also , how can you really set a price for such mods?

this is like paid modding , but about 300% worse

if you can't find a mod you want on XBox , it's probably because it wasn't ported

and as for PS4 , that's a whole different sad story , on which there really isn't anything more to be done

so just leave this prospect alone , and let's see if anyone tries bringing paid modding back , because what you are suggesting is truly a far less realistic (or desirable cause)

• 1 month later...