• 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored so I calculated the average, and it is 8.00 based on 144 votes.

It's strange TES fans like a TES game less than non-TES players.

I also give it an 8 for the wonderful hand-crafted world populated with a lot of bugs (of both types :biggrin: ), shallow story, and an ugly tumor attached to it.

Flash and PR sells but i knew that going in. Didn't I? What has disappointed me more than anything else is that once reliable reviewers and magazines have turned into nothing more than paid infomercials. My release rating would be somewhere between 8.5 and 9 due to an abysmal PC UI and massive day one patch.

this game is a 1/10 with nothing but copy/pasted generic quests and running around looking at trees. the modders make this game worth playing. cant wait till the CS comes out and we can maybe get some non copy/pasted stuff to do. best mod right now = macho dragons.

I was bored so I calculated the average, and it is 8.00 based on 144 votes.

It's strange TES fans like a TES game less than non-TES players.

I also give it an 8 for the wonderful hand-crafted world populated with a lot of bugs (of both types :biggrin: ), shallow story, and an ugly tumor attached to it.

Not strange. Biased poll. The question is worded to attract lower scores. I kept skipping the thread at first until I'd read the others and was finally kind of curious even though I knew I would regret it. My betters surely never read the thread so didn't take the poll.

A genuine study would try to avoid bias by either wording the question in a way that does not imply an answer so that answered are not swayed and more importantly so that your sample population is generic or by varying the question into several polls.

Imagine the thread being:

"Poll: Rate Skyrim"

Still, it's on a Skyrim forum but that's unavoidable here.

Not strange. Biased poll. The question is worded to attract lower scores. I kept skipping the thread at first until I'd read the others and was finally kind of curious even though I knew I would regret it. My betters surely never read the thread so didn't take the poll.

A genuine study would try to avoid bias by either wording the question in a way that does not imply an answer so that answered are not swayed and more importantly so that your sample population is generic or by varying the question into several polls.

Imagine the thread being:

"Poll: Rate Skyrim"

Still, it's on a Skyrim forum but that's unavoidable here.

I never claimed to be a scientist. In fact, I work in the television industry, so biasing opinions is what I do for a living. ;D That being said, if you think that the rhetoric will make such a significant difference, you're welcome to make your own "Rate Skyrim" poll and see how it comes out. I'd be just as interested in the results as you would.

At 159 hours to date, roughly .38¢ per hour is pretty kickass to me, that's before any in depth mods or playing it a second time focusing on different skills / using companions. Considering I've played BF2:BC for 100 hours, I'd say Skyrim is well worth the 9/10. Sure I have some broken quest that I can't complete, hopefully the patch will fix those or hopefully when I start my second character it will all be fixed.

I still have to give Skyrim a 9/10 because even with the flaws it is still an incredible game. I am also basing this rating on my gameplay with all the mods that I have installed. Yes it's buggy. Yes Bethesda could have waited until they had all the kinks worked out before releasing it. But I have still had more fun playing Skyrim than almost any other game I have played. The game and concept are great and once the modding community is done with it I think it will be phenomenal. Just my humble opinion.

It seemed REALLY over-hyped imo.

It just seems to radiate a "Same-nes" for me. I played Morrowind when I was 6, came back to it late last year. Maybe because of that I am just sick to death of the bloody BORING quest line's! They are dumbed down to fit a wider audience imho. The quest's are mostly straight as an arrow, half the time you KNOW what is going to happen.

College of Winterhold- Bring, let down for mage character's and the ONLY magic faction in game

Companion's- Average hack n slash faction, not exiting in the least.

Thieves guild- The thieves Guild I remember was A LOT more interesting. Oblivion the quest line actually built up to something and had a definitive end...in Skyrim, they want me to do a billion fetch quest's to rebuild the guild!

Dark Brother Hood- Same thing as the last one, without interesting assassination's. No more dropping mousses head's on unsuspecting people.

Main quest- Better than Oblivion's but Morrowind's was WAY more interesting

Civil War- Was exciting at first, but became a chore after the 2nd stormed fort.

Over all- would give it 8/10 for Over hype. Was pumped for Skyrim, Bethesda made a let down, now the CK is going to have to fix it. Don't get me wrong 285 hour's in, still love it, just a lot of room for improvement.

I love the game. That said I gave it 6/10. Anyone that gave it 10/10 is absolutely guaranteeing future games will be buggy pieces of shite. Just 10 years ago people would have been outraged with any game this buggy. Really goes to show how years of conditioning has worked to the developers advantage. If it weren't for sites like Nexus and modders this game would be in my trash barrel. In it's vanilla state it's unforgiveable, with the help of modders it's exceptional.

About ten years ago we had Daggerfall, and that thing was way buggier than Skyrim. It was still madly popular. Cite some examples next time you make an argument like that.

Your rebuttal to my comment makes no sense to me. Unless you just wanted to be argumentative. I never played Daggerfall and the games I played weren't as buggy as games today, especially Skyrim. You want me to "cite some examples"? OK I'll cite one. The "Medal of Honor" series. Played it tons. I remember almost no bugs. Pretty simple. Some people... :rolleyes: