Kapteyn - Formal warning issued

Kapteyn has received a formal warning. This user has now received 1 formal warnings. The warning was given for the following reason:

Repeatedly attacking and instigating the mod author and others in the mod comments, and also continuously bashing the mod.

Please refer to the Terms of Service about posting comments for a mod:

Commenting and forum posting rules

No trolling
Trolling is deliberately attempting to goad people into a "flame war" by posting disparaging remarks or comments that you know will incite a negative or nasty response. See the definition at the bottom of these terms of service for a more detailed description of trolling

Do not flame or flame-bait others
Do not post personally or generally insulting remarks towards someone else, or a group of people (examples include calling someone an "idiot" for having views different to your own or being particularly demeaning to someone who is younger than yourself).

Do not attempt to circumvent the word filter
When words in your post are replaced by * (asterisk) characters, you typed something or attempted to post a link that is considered inappropriate on Nexus. If such filtering occurs, do not try to circumvent it by spelling those words incorrectly or by breaking up the link into parts that will not trigger filtering, or by posting hints how to use Google to find that site.

No profanity
it is entirely feasible to convey your meaning without the use of expletives so when you are posting comments on Nexus you are required to refrain from using such words.

File and image database commenting and endorsements
All the rules applicable to forum comments are also applicable to file and image commenting. However, there are additional rules that govern file and image comments, and breaking the file or image commenting rules will draw a more severe response from the staff.

The commenting and endorsement system is available on Nexus sites to provide users with:

• an interface to offer positive feedback on the functionality of the file in question based on the authors initial intentions
  • the ability to offer constructive criticism on aspects of the file that could be improved
  • the chance to ask for feature requests and discuss such requests with other users of the site or the author
  • the ability to ask for help in troubleshooting problems with the file in question

If your comment does not fit in to the above criteria then do not post. If you disagree with the content of a file on the site then do not post (i.e. do not criticise the file on the basis of your personal likes/dislikes). Simply ignore the file and move on. Do not disparage other mods or other genres of mods in a different mods comment topic. Do not attempt to circumvent the above rules by sugar-coating your disapproval of a mod: if you will not use a mod then refrain from commenting on it.

If you believe the content of the file breaches the Nexus terms and conditions then please report the file for moderator viewing and move on, do not take matters into your own hands.

If your comment contains text that is likely to personally offend other users of the site either in the language you use or the message of your text then do not post. We take personal attacks very seriously and you will be banned without warning.

----------

Can we ban this now, please? Thanks!

Taking ownership of a directory is beyond the wisdom of, I dunno, let's just say as a random percentage...50% of people whom play Skyrim every weekend, so yeah that's a rather vague figure but close enough to be to the point... so 50% of people, being generous of course, have no f***ing clue what "taking ownership" even means, will just nilly-willy f*** about with their Operating System because somebody on the grand old interwebs said so. Am I right, Brain Dare?

Okay, okay. I'm not so grand in modding this game but I kinda get where it goes, I know a thing or two. Right? So let's just get something straight a moment... when did an independent mod need to check upon updates in the manner which this one does? Well the simple truth is that no plug-in in the history of Skyrim has ever needed to phone home before. I think, well I hope not anyway.

Either way, and at the end of the day... spyware is spware and you're up against a veteran here. So fúck off.

Anyway, fact of the matter is that we don't want spyware around here. You wanna bring that crap on, I'll bring CastleCops here. Have a nice day now.

Reference
This warning was issued for what took place here, here, here, here, here

Restrictions in place
As part of the warning, Kapteyn has had the following restrictions placed on his or her account:

This user cannot post comments on a specific file for the foreseeable future

Important links:
Our terms of service