29th January - creation kit speculations

AntediluvianSeraph

I get the feeling anyone that's outright against Steam integration doesn't know that Steam is required to play the game...it's the same reason people ask how to enable selecting data files in the launcher, even though for a legal copy of the game that's enabled by default.

How dare you make such an outrageous statement?

Are you accusing me, for example, of piracy? Because I am outright against Steam integration, I do not want Steam Workshop and I will NEVER upload anything there, not will any of my proper modder friends, we did not ask for Steam Workshop and resent the CK being delayed for it. Nevertheless, I have not just one but TWO legally purchased copies of the game. Digital from Steam and a disk from Amazon. I am therefore well aware that Steam is needed to ACTIVATE the game. You can then put Steam offline and run from the TESV.exe or the TESVSGM or SKSE loader.

If you are going to go around hurling accusations, get your facts right. I am loyal to The Nexus and want to come here for mods.

I get the feeling anyone that's outright against Steam integration doesn't know that Steam is required to play the game...it's the same reason people ask how to enable selecting data files in the launcher, even though for a legal copy of the game that's enabled by default.

I find that extremely offensive, im outright against steam because of the fact I have had so many problems with it. I bought skyrim and it required steam, fair enough, I had to wait 3 frickin hours after buying the game to play it because steam kept saying the game wasnt ready, despite my friend right next to me installing it on his computer at the exact same moment was way into the game fully updated and whatever for 3 hours before steam magically changed their mind and I could play.

I have also bought games which I wont mention here (not sure I can post about other games) and it says NOWHERE on the case that it requires steam, yet when I install it it FORCES me to download the game WHEN IVE GOT THE DISK! Why should I spend 7 hours Downloading the game (not updates, the ACTUAL GAME ITSELF) when ive got the disk.

And dont get me started on steam connecting onilne when set to offline mode and auto updating games and not letting me play them when ive set it to 'do not auto update this game' a million times.

These are not isolated problems, at least 50% of steam users have constant issues with it, and thats a lot of customers, not to mention when you contact steam 2 weeks later they just tell you its your computer specs that are the problem (same answer every time)

Yeah so when I run a 1G maximum reccomended settings game on my brand new 6G computer which is made for gaming, its defeinantly my fault (insert sarcasam here)

And what the hell do you mean steam is required to play the game? Its only required because bugthesda decided it was.

I bet your one of those people who thinks that online gaming isnt possible without steam......no wait you think the gaming industry wouldnt exist without steam.

Well im one who remembers the days without steam, where I could put in a disk and enter the games unique code and play within minutes, those days are gone it seems.

And dont play the card that steam prevents piracy, because there was a post on some forums about 8 hours after Skyrim was released asking for help with a pirated version (im not promoting piracy, im against it, just pointing out the fact that none of steams prevention methods work if its copyed that quickly)

Edited by thelonewarrior

I find that extremely offensive

lol... really?

haha, oh god....

edit: we'll get steam CK after dlc.

Edited by jesusismyairbag

I find that extremely offensive

lol... really?

haha, oh god....

edit: we'll get steam CK after dlc.

Yes I find it offensive that someone is steriotyping everyone who is against steam as a pirate

...Bugthesda, eh? That's a pretty childish insult.

Oh no, I offended someone. I should feel bad. Oh wait, no, that other things. How dare I, ginnyfizz? I dare because I have a keyboard, and an opinion. That's generally how these things work. Sure, you can set Steam to offline mode, but then you don't get updates. I'm not of any "type", really. I don't have delusions that Steam prevents piracy. I don't think it makes online gaming possible. I do think it's hilarious when people whine about it like that's going to fix anything, though. Go ahead, keep ranting about how evil Steam and "Bugthesda" are, people. I'll sit over here, enjoy my Skyrim, and not waste my breath cursing a company doing a lot more than you ever could.

...Bugthesda, eh? That's a pretty childish insult.

Oh no, I offended someone. I should feel bad. Oh wait, no, that other things. How dare I, ginnyfizz? I dare because I have a keyboard, and an opinion. That's generally how these things work. Sure, you can set Steam to offline mode, but then you don't get updates. I'm not of any "type", really. I don't have delusions that Steam prevents piracy. I don't think it makes online gaming possible. I do think it's hilarious when people whine about it like that's going to fix anything, though. Go ahead, keep ranting about how evil Steam and "Bugthesda" are, people. I'll sit over here, enjoy my Skyrim, and not waste my breath cursing a company doing a lot more than you ever could.

One of the problems with steam is that yes you set it to offline mode, but it still 'detects' the update as soon as you turn on your internet (this doesnt happen for all people but it does for me)

MEANING that it then says 'you do not have the latest version of this game, we rule the world, steam now refuses you to ever play this game again unless you update it'

ok thats fine, but when this happens when bugthesda released the 1.2 patch, you have 2 options:

Install the patch, despite hearing about the bugs in it and hope your version is ok

Or

never play skyrim again as everytime you try even with the internet now turned off, it says 'Skyrim is unavalible, try again later'

So I installed the patch and it broke my game, and had to wait for it all to be fixed.

Sure thats not bugthesdas problem, what I blame them for is that I read 2 whole days before about the game breaking bugs on the ps3 and xbox versions, yet they still decided to release and force me to install a broken patch via steam, they had 2 WHOLE days to tell steam:

'wait a sec guys, hold back on the patch it messes up the game'

Either bugthesda didnt read any feedback from gamers in those 2 days

Or

they did, released the patch anyway

Eiether way they didnt care

Sorry but its been seen before over and over again and not just with the elder scrolls, the modders make better content than the game makers and they do it for free.

And look at the skyedit thing, so far the modders have done more for the modding community than bugthesda has

These are just some of the issues and I will bet everything I own that steam and the CK will present much more trouble and bugs for the community not to mention annoying intrusions all the time

Edited by thelonewarrior

Oh no, I offended someone. I should feel bad. Oh wait, no, that other things. How dare I, ginnyfizz? I dare because I have a keyboard, and an opinion. That's generally how these things work.

Yeah, you offended lots of people. You just accused everyone who is against Steam integration with Skyrim of piracy. That would be a serious accusation anywhere, but even more so around here, where you'll get banned if there is even a suggestion that you are playing an illegally obtained copy of the game (and rightly so).

Oh no, I offended someone. I should feel bad. Oh wait, no, that other things. How dare I, ginnyfizz? I dare because I have a keyboard, and an opinion. That's generally how these things work.

Yeah, you offended lots of people. You just accused everyone who is against Steam integration with Skyrim of piracy. That would be a serious accusation anywhere, but even more so around here, where you'll get banned if there is even a suggestion that you are playing an illegally obtained copy of the game (and rightly so).

Well then just for the record, I am fully against piracy for games and do not endorse it in any form, im all for the nexus and my argument is against steam and bethesdas decisions with the CK. All im really saying is they said it would be ready on game release date, then decided we all needed steam workshop, now everyone is running around in circles like headless chickens.