• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, that is for the mod itself.

meshes/actors/character/facegendata/facegeom/citrushead-standalone.esp

textures/actors/character/facegendata/facetint/citrushead-standalone.esp

When you save the file it creates a blank canvas in those two areas. Then when you use ctrl+f4 it generates their "tints" so you don't have a weird looking face. Or rather, should generate.

You did it right. If they are not generating then you are fine.

I popped open the CK and looked around; under the head part, the heads are generated under the race menu, so that is fine. If I had to take a guess is that the way the old nif has its head parts labeled needs to be redone for SSE, even with nif optimizer. I have very limited knowledge with that but there are a few really excellent videos on it. Sorry I couldn't be more help, I thought this was going to be a similar fix to other heads I have worked with :(

Thanks a ton for your time! I appreciate it. I did solve part of the problem though. What I didn't know was that in order to save an esp you have to change something then change it back for the ck to think it 'worthy' of saving. I did that and the folder was created but even still when exporting facegens I the ck only exported one .nif and one .dds 000B2E11.

Was there something else I needed to do with the bsa? I just read something saying there's a recompiler or something in the new ck?

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Porting_Skyrim_mods_to_Skyrim_Special_Edition This link goes over the process of updating an old mod to SSE and it mentions "This will save the esp file in a format that works fine with SSE. For NPCS, it also will create/update the facegen data (meshes and textures) of the NPCs added or modified by the mod. There is no need to use the CTRL+F4 keys to do that." happens just by saving the esp.

I created an NPC overhaul mod and a PC overhaul mod and I still had to export the facegen data because black face bug happened; it is an added step I personally use just in case. Because the CK tends to still act silly ;)

I spent the last 20 minutes staring at the vanilla head mesh and the citrus head mesh and there are changes in the hierarchy and name changing. I have zero idea how to change it :( someone who is s-m-r-t will have to take over.

Ok I might be on to solving the problem. I openned the mesh in 3ds max and re-exported it. The new citrus high poly mesh looks just like the other one in nifskope. But do you know how to 'unzip' a bsa and re'zip' it? I think I need to insert the new mesh into the citrus bsa for it to work.

Incidentally how do bsas work? They are accessed every time the game loads right? Or are they a one time necessity when installing the mod?