Disable default outfits

tykinkuula

Want to equip your housecarls as a squad or daedric badasses guarding your property? Want to let your mercenaries keep their new stuff to show that business with you relly pays off? Want your ex-companions to show off "I was there, and man, DID we do s*** together." with their very beign? Want to fit every blade with a set of custom-made gear that makes each member an army of one?

if you answered yes to any of the above, you have a problem. The name of that problem is default outfits. There exist many mods that change the default outfits or the way they work, or allow you to freely edit almost anything in any NPC, yet even the best of the solutions always end back to this same restriction, and the guy you just gave who knows what returns to his default set, unequipping the stuff you wanted him to wear.

At the very least, completely circumventing this restriction would require you to create a completely new outfit file and then create a mod for the NPC you want to modify to default inot that outfit, and every time you want to change something, you have to go fiddling with that outfit file again. A feat which many people are incapable of, especially with CK still unavailaible.

Thusly I propose a (hopefully) simpler solution; we need a mod that disables the function of NPC's returning to their defaults completely, or at least increses the delay of it happening to ludriciously long, practically eternal period.

I would like this mod, it is something that annoys me. I kit my housecarl out to be this badass *censored* and then she reverts back being in that terrible steel outfit and rubbish weapon. I have to give her some mundane item just to get her back into the better kit. :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...