Best destruction rebalance mod

Fallingwater

I'm disappointed at the lack of power of the destruction tree. As a destructive elf mage I try to use magic to deal damage whenever possible, but after the first two or three enemies are dead I invariably find myself pulling out the swords, battleaxes and whatnot. It's gotten to the point where I either use magic as a backup to blades when it should be the other way around, or as a way to avoid dying while I clobber people to death - a playstile much more suited to a warrior than a mage, and one I don't enjoy very much or I'd be playing that instead.

I've seen several destruction rebalancing mods, but I don't have the patience (or the time) to try them all and figure which is the best one. I've been leaning toward installing XSO and commenting out every other tweak, but it seems to be unsupported nowadays, which worries me because I don't want the next patch to break everything.

What do you suggest?

Not so much as a rebalance more adding spells in is xilvers midas magic. I found myself like you useing magic only as a back up or getting so sick of spells just doing hardly any damage i would restart. Used that and i love it, spells are slightly overpowered at the beggining but later into the game they really work well, plus the new animations and effects are really cool. Link for you, hope its a help, i aint to sure rebalance mods will be to good till the CK drags its self into existance. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3413

I noticed Midas Magic because I enjoyed it immensely in Oblivion, but I'd rather wait until the CK comes out to use mods that add stuff. Besides, I don't really need any more spells right now, I'd be perfectly content with using the ones in the game... if they worked properly.

I thought that to at first but couldnt resist, the spells that are added are very simaler to the ones in vanilla but ore powerfull and look better. If i may, how ocme you wan tto wait till the Ck for mods that add stuff? i am using loads of mods that add stuff and they are fantastic and have caused me no problems.

I feel that such mods are half-baked as the situation is today. Midas Magic itself has bugs - I don't feel safe using a mod whose install instructions include "remember to set save-on-travel off". Not the modders' fault, obviously, because they're using tools hacked and reverse-engineered from previous games, but I'll wait for the whole modding scene to get out of alpha, so to speak, before I use mods that alter the game drastically.

Anyone? What destruction mods are you people using (surely I'm not the only one who's unsatisfied with that magic tree)?

Ahh the save on entre/travel has been sorted, i use it and have never had any problem. It isnt half baked so to speak, just made with a different tool, i think skyedit was used, i have had some good results using that. Skyedit is pretty safe, im not saying your reason is wrong i can understand not wanting to risk a reinstall from a duff mod.

Im on my usual hunt for mods tonight so if i find any that sound ok ill drop a link on here.

you really feel destruction spells are under powered?

i think with the dual cast and knockback perks they are as deadly as anything.

using incinerate in 1on1 and chain lightning vs multiple enemies.

problematic are the master level spells. i don`t see any use for those considering their insane casting time.

problematic are the master level spells. i don`t see any use for those considering their insane casting time.

Never tried dual casting, but my spellsword was barely doing any damage with spells, and the majority of the damage came from my sword. It was cheesy. So the mod I'm talking about boosted magic damage by around 100% once the tree was filled out, and thunderbolt was finally taking about 1/4 of the creatures health each cast, and I would deal a finishing blow with the sword. This is how it should have been in vanilla.

Never tried dual casting, but my spellsword was barely doing any damage with spells, and the majority of the damage came from my sword. It was cheesy. So the mod I'm talking about boosted magic damage by around 100% once the tree was filled out, and thunderbolt was finally taking about 1/4 of the creatures health each cast, and I would deal a finishing blow with the sword. This is how it should have been in vanilla.

Dual casting is a retarded perk. Essentially, it gives you +20% damage for +80% cost. You might be doing a mite less damage with regular dual casting, but you also last way longer. Impact just makes me feel like a pussy. f*** stun-locking.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6242

Here. The original version of this mod is different from the current version, and I love it. It actually makes you feel powerful.

The current version (1.1) is explained on the page, but the original version gave you +50% damage for every mastery perk.

Is it overpowered? Most likely.

Do you feel like a badass when you're hitting like a goddamn sledgehammer? f*** yeah.

Choose whichever version you like best.

Edited by granreycero