Recommended Mods

Anunnak

Hello all

I'm building a new system: i5 2500k and a GTX 570 1.2 gb.

There are a a lot of mods out there, my problem is choosing which ones to use. The 570 is a powerful piece of tech and Skyrim is a beautiful place, I was wondering which mods would you recommend to make it look even better.

I do have a few in mind but I'd still like to see what people recommend.

Thanks

Those are the high definition mods I use. I haven't noticed any incompatibility issues like the game not starting or crashing. I think some of them replace the same things. At some point I remember clothing mod and Skyrim HD were both replacing backsmith's clothes.

quality map

realistic water textures

Skyrim hd

enhanced night

enhanced blood textures

flora overhaul

improved npc clothing

xenius character replacement

visible windows

Gizmo's Re-defined Dungeons is also a must have. Superb

Darevix's Snow & Rocks HD. Mainly for his mountain and cave textures which are outstanding

ALaaa's Realistic Colors and real Nights 1.6. The best lighting mod on the nexus by far

Texture mods don't do much for me. I often just go back to the originals. But to each their own.

Lighting is a whole other thing. I'm all about using the enbseries with my own settings. With this you can control pretty much every aspect of lighting in the game and add higher quality lighting not available in the vanilla, such as ambient occlusion, my favorite. AO will give you the most dramatic improvement in adding realism because it allows objects close to one another to darken or illuminate each other using indirect (reflected) light as well as parts of objects doing this to other parts of the same object. It also allows you to use and adjust subsurface scattering on the skin of characters, so skin interacts with light more like real skin instead of looking like dead people with no layers. Oh, and it even includes a line for adding a color palette if you want to make the colors cooler or warmer or give it a tone of your own and the "color" palette can even be grey-scale so no colors are changed, just their intensities. Way awesome for someone who finds lighting more important than any other changes.