Wood gathering

TheVarttila

Its pretty unimmersive to me how i can't walk out of bounds to scrap more trees to get wood because i don't have any left in my settlement. Sure you could probably extend the area but i thought of a more immersive and I think fun way to gather wood in my inventory from any tree but I'm s*** at modding etc and i have no idea if this is even possible.

But the idea is: You know how in Arma 2 epoch you could equip your axe and start hacking trees and they would drop wood next to the tree, That's sort of what I'm looking for. Personally i think that would be a really good way to get wood, You have to work a bit sure but that's how it should be.

Theres also this one mod that adds a fire axe so thats ready here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11749/?

Edited by TheVarttila

• 2 weeks later...

i too have the issue of running out of wood during settlement construction, have you tried northland diggers mod?

it adds a foresters table not so much gathering your own wood but settlers can work it to provide a steady stream of wood after a certain amount of time.