What's your Build?

Flipout6

Title says pretty much all of it, what's your character build? how do you fight? it'll be neat to compare damage and survivability, and which situations your character excels in.

I made mine a sort of paladin/turtle kind of guy, with a few points invested in one-handed so I can do a little damage back.

-Full legendary Dragon Plate armor, working on Daedric

-Expert Restoration and Alteration, for added armor bonuses and health regeneration.

-Uses a war axe with all three bleeding perks, critical charge, the one that gives standing power attacks bonus damage, and 4 points in the increase 1h melee damage

-Creates some of the best possible armor and weapons for companions. (Mjoll the Lioness is in full legendary ebony with a greatsword, etc.)

-Has a bow, but isn't very effective with it.(half the damage per shot of his war axe.)

-can cast Grand healing 6-7 times from a full magicka pool, probably more.

-Currently working on levelling destruction. (It's around 40.)

My character is a tank melee fighter, with heavy armor and alteration spells deadening most of the melee and arrow attacks enemies throw at me. Restoration keeps him and his companions alive for a very long time. he can deal modest damage with his axe, but this can shoot up by a heck of a lot with elemental fury. He's not too effective against some mages, (ice mages stop you from moving fast, and then hammer him with spells, and until I used some strategy and wards Morokei DESTROYED me, but mages that don't restrict movement or hit 150's with lightning die quickly.) or targets he can't hit with an axe, such as flying dragons. (until dragonrend, that is.) I can manage fairly well on hard difficulty, up to and including taking out a draugr deathlord and two scourges.

What about you guys?

(Edited the post a little, my character is now signicantly more powerful in the healing/magic shields area.)

Edited by Flipout6

Assassin type archer

- primary offensive perks: archery (100 with all perks), one hand is at 80+ but no perks, also has conjuration.

- defensive perks: sneak (100) with perks only on maxed improved sneak and up to improved bow damage, alteration and illusion no perks, light armor at 75, with perks

-additional skills in smithing (all perks), enchanting (left side of tree and one up on the middle) and alchemy

Basically, fire from the shadows, kill everyone before they see me, and dealing enough sneak+crit damage to one or two shot everything else when sneaking. If they catch me, I either try to kite with the bow or dual hand with swords and power attack the heck out of them, having invested in stamina that I can chain dual weild power attacks. Basically I got low health (300), but high stamina (350?) and decent magicka for the build (300) to cast atronachs and illusion if cornered.

Assassin...

Lv. 34

Health 240

Stamina 250

Magicka 150

-Master of Sneak and has all perks

-High one-handed skill, uses daggers for stealth kills and swords for unavoidable combat. (Makes good use of the Shadow Warrior perk) Doesn't dual-weld...

-High light armor skill. (Wind Walker perk for better stamina.)

-High Blacksmith. Doesn't do well in direct combat situations, so followers are well equip.

-Good Lock Picking for break-ins.

-Good Block, Usually uses just one weapon to be able to block.

-Moderate Speech skill for bribing guards.

-Moderate Alchemy for poisons

-Moderate Archery for those stealthy ranged attacks. (Prefers to get close) <--- Training focus

-Some Restoration skill, better safe than sorry.

-Some Destruction skill, spent a little time at the collage but didn't like it.

-Some illusion skill <-- Training focus

Favorite Shout: Mark of Death

Most Used Shout: Dragon Rend

Favorite Spell: Fire Ball

Most Used Spell: Fast Healing

<Equipment>

Blade of Woe (Legendary)

Grimserver (Legendary)

Glass Bow (Legendary)

Orcish Arrows

Full set of the Black Sacrament Armor (With Ancient Shrouded Armor Enchants) (Epic) for dungeons/quests/etc...

Triss Armor (Legendary) Worn Most of the time.

Elven Shield (Legendary), Mostly for unequipping spells, rarely used.

-Original-

Scaled Armor full set (Legendary)

Black Mage Robes

Armor Rating: 418 (In Black Sacrament) - 287 (In Triss)

Damage: 52 (Dagger or Sword) 41 (With a Bow) (x30/x12/x6)

Currently accompanied by Lydia in Ebony Armor. (Ebony Mail daedric artifact)

Rides Shadowmare

Dragonborn - Main Quest completed

Listener of the Dark Brotherhood

Currently collecting daedric artifacts.

May join the thieves guild. (Maybe)

Times Killed Lydia: 21

Times Shadowmare killed itself: 9

Times Shadowmare killed us both: 4

WIN: Climatic Chain Killed Five Bandits. Stealthy throat slit on first bandit, stomach stab on charging bandit, straight stab then 360 slash on approached bandit, jumping chest stab on the bandit behind him, then beheaded the last bandit and calmly walked away. Quote: "This Is SKYRIM!" xD

FAIL: While using a mod that gives Lydia the ability to shout. Got into a fight with Lydia, jumped backward to avoid her attack, but she used the Ice Form shout and caught me in mid-air. I froze instantly and flew much further back than expected, falling off the side of a mountain. Surprisingly enough the fall didn't kill me(Severely damaged though), however, that tiny mudcrab coming out of the river finished me off before I could stand.

Edited by Rinobi

A beautiful Breton female mage at Level 30 with main attributes at around 200. Excels at mostly destruction magic along a few other things involving spells. Smooth-skin and youth HD texture mods in use. Nude mod installed and being used occasionally. Demonstration video below. Watch in HD for better video quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlielfheLXc

Edited by banzaigtv

I have about 6-7 characters, so i'll just do my first.

Katriin Valagu (female dunmer)

LvL 78

char type: Stealthy Melee Fighter\Pocket Archer\Pocket Spellsword.

Weapons\armor: Full set of enchanted dragonscale armor (legendary), 2 akiviri tanto knives unenchanted (ebony quality + legendary), 2 enchanted akiviri sabers (also ebony quality + legendary), enchanted daedric Bow (legendary) + daedric & ebony arrows.

Stats:

Onehander @ 100 + all sword and power attack perks + dual onehanded weapons

Marksman @ 100 + about 1/2 skill perks can't recall which ones at this time

Lightarmor @ 100 + all but the very top perk

Destruction @ 100 + shock, ice, skill mastery perks

Restoration @ 100 + 1/2 perks, adept, wards, dual casting, etc.

Sneak @ 100 + most perks

Enchanting @ 100 + most perks, Smithing @ 100 + all perks

(that's about what i can recall offhand)

as for tactics. she usually tries to take her targets down quietly with knives, failing that at long range she likes to use bow & arrows, mid-range combat is with ice or lightning magic (depending on the opponent, ice for non-mages, lightning for casters or very mean nords), melee combat with the two akiviri swords (one in each hand). likes to work solo, but will bring followers around for mishaps. mainly works with stealthy characters, but will bring someone heavily armored if lots of melee combat seems likely. i guess that's about it. oh, she likes to hide her followers behind nearby cover when she goes for a stealth kill, if she is discovered said follower steps right into it, so the follower doesn't get seen & spoil said stealth kill.

Lots of assasins around O.o. Must be fun to play one, I'll have to try it some time.

Currently an Altmer Spellsword at lvl 10.

Major:

- one-handed

- conjuration (bound sword and atronach)

- light armor (wearing the modded light-armor thalmor outfit)

- destruction

When I feel like it:

- enchanting

- smithing

Previous Build:

Poison Master (level 45)

Focuses on Alchemy, Pickpocket, Stealth, 1h (daggers), Speech, Enchanting

Alchemy, pickpocket, stealth, and enchanting are maxed (1h is almost maxed, speech is at 86).

1 hit kills most opponents in stealth, wears no armor, and is a tank due to a large amount of health (stamina doesn't get pumped much at all, and magicka is useless on this build).

Current Build:

The Lone Ranger (level 13)

Focuses on archery, heavy armor, stealth, enchanting, smithing, and alchemy

Build avoids major towns and roams the countryside. Nothing super special with this character build aside from the choice of going with heavy armor (I plan on sticking with Ebony). Limited fast travel.

@ Flipout6

Just remember the armor cap is around 580. :/

Longest running character:

Class: Warrior

Race: Argonian

Weapon: Two-handed. Glass weapons. Working on upgrade to ebony blade(modded to not suck)

Armor: Light Armor. Dragon scale.

Crafting: Smithing, Alchemy.

Other skills: Block, Speech(not perks though)

Other notes: Werewolve. Uses no magic ever.

Plays like any other two-handed warrior only currently cant take many hits but can deal a lot of damage thanks to light armor stamina boosts and lady stone along with alchemy.

What I learned: Poisons suck. Alchemy healing while time consuming to gather ingredients is a tad bit over powered. Argonian's have an overpowered racial and strangely enough make the best warriors.

My current experiment character:

Race: Orc

Weapons: 1 handed, dual wield.

Armor: Heavy, shield.

Crafting: Enchanting, smithing.

Other skills: None

Other notes: Doesnt use magic other then enchanting and only heals with enchantments.

Healing only with enchantments is...difficult. I even have a mod that lets me smith soulgems out of other gems and regular gems and Im really freaking hardpressed to keep up my resource requirements. I had to console myself a weapon of absorbtion for the healing enchant because it was taking way too long to spawn normally.

What I learned: Enchanting encompasses all the powers of the other magic skills with no need for magicka investment but with a high time and monetary investment. Healing by hitting people makes combat more intense and basically means you dont ever have to sort through the terrible inventory screen. Enchanting is probably the best healing skill for a pure warrior but i still need to do more testing. Best used with fast weapons.

Edited by ModelV

My first playthrough was a Nord male battlemage, tank character who would clank into a room full of baddies and all heck would break loose. Perks were mostly in heavy armor, destruction, one handed, and the obligatory for me smithing/enchanting. The gameplay was more difficult and exciting for me.

My current playthrough is a Breton female thief/assasin character who usually takes out most of the baddies before she is even noticed. Perks are mostly in light armor, archery, sneak, and the obligatory smithing/enchanting. This character is more efficient but the gameplay is not so exciting even after turning up the difficulty.