[WIP] Making Some Custom Castles

mjy

(Moss on walls make castles 100% more awesome!)

True that! More dirt for the people :P

yes and maybe make it evil for dracula and good white bricks prob for king arthur.

hey i upgraded my 3ds max 8 to 2010 and it better work, $$$ got pluging etc so i got no choice i got to make stuff now, firstr should be fast

as it will be my nibenay castle redone, a easier one to get the rust out of me :)

also i might release my stuff only to those who reply lol, forget about 40,000 download, i don`t need that lol

but in truth, i could release it here when i`m done, when i know i can export my stuff and check it out through ck is when i will built tons of stuff

right now getting ready

Sounds great! Looking forward to see how they turn out :D

MJY, I've been a huge fan of yours since Morrowind. I could not be happier than to see you contributing to this game. Your monumental masterpieces are worth the price of the game.

I suggest you take bben's advice. We seem to be up against a particularly critical crowd, but I would fight a passel of trolls naked to get any one of those great mods converted to Skyrim.

Bond

yes and maybe make it evil for dracula and good white bricks prob for king arthur.

hey i upgraded my 3ds max 8 to 2010 and it better work, $$$ got pluging etc so i got no choice i got to make stuff now, firstr should be fast

as it will be my nibenay castle redone, a easier one to get the rust out of me :)

also i might release my stuff only to those who reply lol, forget about 40,000 download, i don`t need that lol

but in truth, i could release it here when i`m done, when i know i can export my stuff and check it out through ck is when i will built tons of stuff

right now getting ready

I would most certainly enjoy seeing what you come up with since I really like the models you make.

Do you reckon your work could be open to be used as resource for modders?

If not then I'll just enjoy whatever you make and maybe make my personal adjustments, at any rate keep us updated with pics, love the pics ;)

right now getting ready

I would most certainly enjoy seeing what you come up with since I really like the models you make.

Do you reckon your work could be open to be used as resource for modders?

If not then I'll just enjoy whatever you make and maybe make my personal adjustments, at any rate keep us updated with pics, love the pics ;)

ty for the kind comments, i got around prob 4 k meshes uploaded somewhere, lost track of a lot of stuff, all are or can be use in all games as long as its free, but i did check out the other day, i click google and type mjy mods. lol, lot of stuff there, i saw i even got 3-4 Japanese building i might convert and fix up for skyrim later , but not a city, just a few house mods, will post pics as soon as i start it up, prob in a day, release of the first mod should be fast, as i waant it for my character

as for critic, don`t mind as long as its not insulting, lore players, i should built star wars stuff or maybe convert, i prob got enought junk, oh yes i got a big city somewhere i just remembered, lol.

should have a few pics today and i can`t wait to see how it looks with this game

FINALY, added a custom mesh into skyrim sky is the limit

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052646088/screenshot/487749736925793859?

HOWWWW??? I've been trying for a while now to get some stuff in-game but I've had no joy.. models viewable in NifSkope, which is definately a step in the right direction, but when I try to load them into the creation kit it just hangs up. :( Any chance you could give us some insight into how you managed it? Nif settings etc, or just a quick run down of your workflow would be helpful.

And have you managed to get a custom mesh with a custom texture, or just the mesh using an existing texture? Ideally what I want to be able to do is create all kinds of buildings, dungeon kits, props like tables and general clutter, without having to replace anything in-game...

Tomkio, I'm not sure if Blender has been updated to support the Skyrim nifs yet, but it sounds like you will need to run them through such a utility to get them converted before NifScope can handle them.

At least I haven't seen whether there has been any direct porting of material from earlier games into Skyrim.

I wish you success. I look forward to new material.

Tomkio, I'm not sure if Blender has been updated to support the Skyrim nifs yet, but it sounds like you will need to run them through such a utility to get them converted before NifScope can handle them.

At least I haven't seen whether there has been any direct porting of material from earlier games into Skyrim.

I forgot to mention I'm running Max 2010 with Niftools 3.7.1, just something I'm doing wrong maybe? Ugh.. I will make a post at some point describing the process in detail with screenies and hopefully try to troubleshoot further from there :)

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention I'm running Max 2010 with Niftools 3.7.1, just something I'm doing wrong maybe? Ugh.. I will make a post at some point describing the process in detail with screenies and hopefully try to troubleshoot further from there :)

pretty easy to do it , once u know lol, but i got help from a friend and now its 2 x easier

best way is to test a box like i did

do a box in 3dsmax

export it as a nif, make sure u got vertex colors click, export

now in nifskop open your mesh u made

then open a new window

then open a skyrim mesh that fits your mesh with how many mesh u got in your mesh

ex. i got a mesh i made it got a roof and a building, that would be 2 mesh, most will have 1 texture per mesh

on your model u made, look for nitrishape data, then click block, then copy

go to your skyrim mesh then look for nitrishape data then click block, then paste over, it will replace your skyrim mesh

i had a building that had 4 meshes into it, i took skyrim tower, it had 6 nitrishape, but only needed 4 , so i

click block removed branch for the meshes i didn`t want in my mesh, simple, then export it as a new name