Skyrim Update *1.3* Suspended

Lutine

Is there a solution to the Skyrim update suspended issue?

Steam isn't even updating 1.4, because I exited Steam when it tried to patch my 1.1 to 1.3 and reversed the process, and the 1.3 update is still going, but "suspended".

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/548070-skyrim-update-14-now-live/

1.4 is live and out of beta.

It doesn't matter at this point, because Steam is currently downloading a "suspended" 1.3 patch. :/

I've got a bunch of mods on Skyrim already, including some Chinese/Japanese mods that I no longer have access to. I'm reluctant to do a reinstall.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/548070-skyrim-update-14-now-live/

1.4 is live and out of beta.

It doesn't matter at this point, because Steam is currently downloading a "suspended" 1.3 patch. :/

I've got a bunch of mods on Skyrim already, including some Chinese/Japanese mods that I no longer have access to. I'm reluctant to do a reinstall.

You probably have to do just that. They do not provide any way to cancel a download through Steam other than by uninstalling the whole game (Remove local files). Remember: Valve knows best, silly user.

Remember to back up Data folder first or your mods go kaput.

I also cannot play the game right now. So I have to reinstall? What should I do? First, back up the data folder and also back up my game saves, just in case? I'm on Windows 7, is this pretty straight forward? Just right click, copy the folders, and save to an SD card and I'm good to go?

Also, is it pretty easy to reinstall the game on Steam? I never did a reinstall of a game on steam before. Is it also really straight forward to uninstall and reinstall the game on steam? Should I be able to find help on that in the read me file for Skyrim?

I also cannot play the game right now. So I have to reinstall? What should I do? First, back up the data folder and also back up my game saves, just in case? I'm on Windows 7, is this pretty straight forward? Just right click, copy the folders, and save to an SD card and I'm good to go?

Also, is it pretty easy to reinstall the game on Steam? I never did a reinstall of a game on steam before. Is it also really straight forward to uninstall and reinstall the game on steam? Should I be able to find help on that in the read me file for Skyrim?

My answer was for the other person, because of the suspended download. Whatever your trouble is might have a completely different solution.

My answer was for the other person, because of the suspended download. Whatever your trouble is might have a completely different solution.

Oh, sorry. I'm pretty sure I have the same problem. Should have clarifited. My copy of Skyrim works in tandem with Steam. Earlier today, I got a message from a Steam pop up in the bottom right corner of my screen that said "Skyrim has finished downloading" which I thought was odd. It must have to do with either version 1.3 or 1.4. But it seems like I have the same issue as the OP. When I try to play Skyrim, ever since seeing that message, it says "Your game version is NOT supported, supported version is 1.3.10.0us". I'm guessing I have the same problem as the OP.

Edited by Dubnoman

I've fixed the issue.

I verified the integrity of the game files(Looks like one of the mods conflicted and was replaced by Steam), and the game updated fine.

I've fixed the issue.

I verified the integrity of the game files(Looks like one of the mods conflicted and was replaced by Steam), and the game updated fine.

Lutine, did you get the same error message as me (see post above yours). Ever since this update, I've had a problem, thing is, I don't know where to start to fix it. I don't even know if I have the same problem you had, I just know that my problem involves Steam and the recent update.