Nature of the "Glory is still alive but treated as dead" bug

Madcat221

What is the nature of the "Glory is alive but treated as dead" bug that crops up in the MM+RR ending? I have yet to reach that point in my first playthru, but would like to correct it before even reaching that point for Unofficial FO4 Patch inclusion. What is said by whom? Is it said in a dialog, or just a random hello prompt?

I've encountered this in each of my 2 playthroughs. In both, I did the MM ending but kept the RR and BOS alive and non-hostile. I'm running the UFO4 patch on my 2nd playthrough, but didn't have it on my first.

***Warning: Spoilers Ahead***

If this is of any help: essentially, when you visit RR HQ after the Institute has been destroyed you can see Glory there, sandboxing as usual, but she's totally silent. Pressing "e" when your char is near her will make your char say "Hey Glory" or whatever, but she doesn't respond and keeps sandboxing. As well, both Carrington and Desdemona have dialogue that refers to Glory being dead. I can't remember exactly what Desdemona says, but it's when you talk to her after the ending and while you're starting her "To the Mattresses" side questline to get rid of the L&L Gang. In response to whatever she says, your char can say "Hey, I miss Glory too." Carrington's a bit more subtle and, sometimes when giving you his post-ending "Lost Soul" side quests he says something like "Sorry your number keeps getting called but, without Glory, well... thank you." I can't recall him saying anything else, and I don't recall getting any similar dialogue from any other RR chars. At least not at RR HQ (I've never recruited Deacon after the ending, so don't know if he has any random companion dialogue about Glory).

I'm not exactly sure, but I think Glory (really) dies either during the BOS assault on RR HQ (which occurs, I think, when you continue with the RR quest Underground Undercover to the point where you're informed of the assault while in the Institute - I think this comes after Mass Fusion but I've always stopped progressing UU at the stage previous to that point) or, of course,when you assault the HQ yourself during the BOS quest Tactical Thinking. My guess is that the condition for the "Glory is Dead" dialogue is the simply the continued existence of the BOS after the ending, whether or not the assault on RR HQ took place during UU.