Unexpected temporary companion breakage

llloyd

Hello! I haven't played Fallout 4 in months. I picked it back up today, no changes to the mods except updating F4SE as that was mandatory, and I am finding I am having sudden issues with temporary companions. I went though ArcJet with Paladin Danse and managed to bull my way though it as when I went to talk to him when it wanted me to I was only getting normal Companion dialog, not the unique quest dialog. Currently I am stuck in Vault 114 as Valentine is doing the same thing, he won't talk to me or unlock the key only door and all I get is normal Companion dialog. Anyone hear of this happening in the mods I run? Thanks!

Pastebin of my Mod List - http://pastebin.com/C7pQq8Vs

Only a big guess, but you say "dialogue" and I see "No Companion Junk Comments.esp=1", so you might try running without that one as a test.

Truly just a guess though, just going by its name (as I don't use the mod).

Edit: Maybe the Companions adfinity ones, too, but their names don't seem so 'smack dab on topic' as the other one.

That one's mine, lol. It wouldn't be causing that issue. It just edits a formlist that companions pull from when you pick up tin cans and mops, etc.

EFF is that a follower framework? I had that for Skyrim if it's the same one.

The one for visible companion affinity I also use that and have't had issues. But I don't use the extra esp Affinity Check.

But, IMO, disabling companion-related mods (including mine) might be an idea, just to be sure.

Edited by star-mystyk