Skyrim difficulty levels

swuber

I'm just wondering. There are different difficulty levels in skyrim. Are the harder levels only for skillful players? Or do they do other effects aswell, like lvling goes faster or more money from enemies? Does that matter what difficulty are u using or it just depends how skillful the player is? I'm playing with normal what difficulty are u guys using?

biggest point of critique in the whole game.

you may find it hard playing on the higher levels when you start a new char.

as the effects of it are just enemies hit you harder you hit enemies less hard.

so no i noticed no other changes gameplay wise.

once you reach higher levels with your char though whole combat system can become

all but pointless as it is quite easy to skill your char into an uber champion.

tried tweaking my game to make it harder but i guess if bethesda doesn`t make

major changes in the perks and combat mechanics (which i deem is not likely as it is a single player game)

this will not bear the effects i am hoping for.

biggest point of critique in the whole game.

you may find it hard playing on the higher levels when you start a new char.

as the effects of it are just enemies hit you harder you hit enemies less hard.

so no i noticed no other changes gameplay wise.

once you reach higher levels with your char though whole combat system can become

all but pointless as it is quite easy to skill your char into an uber champion.

tried tweaking my game to make it harder but i guess if bethesda doesn`t make

major changes in the perks and combat mechanics (which i deem is not likely as it is a single player game)

this will not bear the effects i am hoping for.

Use Deadly Dragons + Wars In Skyrim Mod. Its Awesome. The dragons are harder to kill and more powerful. I was like fighting the first one at the Western Watchtower with 7 Whiterun guards and it took us about 30min in real time to kill the thing at Master difficulty.

Wars in Skyrim increases the spawn points of enemies, so its normal for me to be walking around whiterun to run into bandits fighting each other, or mammoths or saber cats fighting against mammoths etc. There's even chances of bandit raids on towns.

As I've been playing (fighting only no magic) I've gone easy on early levels as I've built up skills, perks, armour and weapons, increasing the difficulty to match the increases I've made now I've got to the stage where I am able to have light armour over the 567 limit and weapons at 200+ playing on master level. But I am finding myself taking the good armour off and using lower rated kit which is only around the 300 mark or even less.

@anya

i don`t want to make the game harder by dumbing my char down. that just don`T feel right with me playing an rpg.

i have the deadly dragons installed and it`s neat giving variations and more health to dragons but it don`t change the way the dragons act and fight such just prolonging fights.

i also had wars in skyrim 2 running, which i turned off after some time because of mamooth fights all over the place damaging immersion. also the random encounters were over powered often times. i had just left riverwood with my level 5 orc warrior when i encountered a master vampire, who kept killing me and camilla valerius, who was there to show me the way. after a dozen tries i managed to defeat the fiend only to find that there were his 3 buddys waiting for me on the way to whiterun :wallbash:

i recently installed wis 4 though and still testing it.

@anya

i don`t want to make the game harder by dumbing my char down. that just don`T feel right with me playing an rpg.

i have the deadly dragons installed and it`s neat giving variations and more health to dragons but it don`t change the way the dragons act and fight such just prolonging fights.

i also had wars in skyrim 2 running, which i turned off after some time because of mamooth fights all over the place damaging immersion. also the random encounters were over powered often times. i had just left riverwood with my level 5 orc warrior when i encountered a master vampire, who kept killing me and camilla valerius, who was there to show me the way. after a dozen tries i managed to defeat the fiend only to find that there were his 3 buddys waiting for me on the way to whiterun :wallbash:

i recently installed wis 4 though and still testing it.

My feelings/thoughts, too. It's hard to RP the harder settings. I like the middle setting where everything is fair, 1 to 1. Maybe if Dovakiin was handicapped in the story and a midget, then the harder settings would make sense.

And, yes, deadly dragons mod doesn't make dragons any better at combat either.

What we really want in difficulty settings is to have smarter enemies. But in Skyrim, difficulty settings don't change behavior. Or, Beth could had just increased the number of enemies. Or, they could had changed their reaction times. Or, .... Instead, we're left with you're weaker, they're stronger.

One thing kind of funny, many of the enemies at all settings are still really good at some stuff. I often think they are better than me at hitting moving targets with arrows and spells. Seriously, I'm glad they don't dodge quite as well as me. Hitting a character that moves like me would be so very hard for me, yet they still manage quite well against me. Notice how they are pretty descent against a flying dragon? I'm always waiting for it to pause, else be very close. My summoned flame atronachs, I'll admit, are better than I at hitting moving targets with fireballs, for sure.

I think difficulty also affects your ability to withstand draugr FUS RUH shouts. Playing on master with a high level character I get tossed through the air with like every other or every third shout that hits squarely, while on adept it hardly ever happens.

Its not more about withstanding FUS RUH DAH shouts as the draugr in Master knows all three words of the shout. If you know all three words, trying doing it on a crowded street, everybody will fly away like you do from the draugr.