Possible to mark specific ammo types as PC only?

I recently ported m150's slingshot mod for personal use, and did some tinkering around with it to get it to work the way I like in game, and everything is working just fine, but there's one issue I can't seem to solve.

All the different slingshot ball ammo types count as arrows, which wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that, in using them on my opponents, NPCs will often forego their own arrows and use the slingshot balls I fired at them with their standard bows.

Naturally, this leads to some pretty funky looking fight scenes, as the balls were made to work with the slingshots, not bows. I figured I'd set them to "player only," but it seems I can only do that with weapons themselves and not ammunition. Is there a way around this?

Edited by BloodyStigmata

Found it. It's under the entry for the weapon itself. ONe box says "NPCs use ammo" and another that says "Player Only" (only Player can use the actual weapon, so if you're ever Disarmed you don't have to worry about someone picking it up).

Yeah that was the first thing I thought to do but it's the ammunition itself I don't want them using, not the slingshot weapons.

My problem is I fire slingshot balls at them (custom ammo type that counts as an arrow), which then end up in their inventory like normal arrows do, and then they use that slingshot ammo with a normal bow. It's not really a huge deal, but definitely immersion breaking.

My first thought was how does the game stop NPC & the player from using Crossbow Bolts on Bows? I haven't a clue, have you look at that? Hopefully it's not hard-coded some where.

CK has an option for ammo that says "is bolt," which marks it as a bolt. I could try that, and mark the slingshots as crossbows just to see what happens, but I don't know if that will change the animation. I'd also probably run into the same problem given that I have crossbows added to the leveled lists. There'd be nothing to stop NPCs from using my slingshot balls if they were stronger than their currently equipped bolt.

But did you actually click the box that says "NPCs Use Ammo"?

That box makes it so that, when using that weapon, NPCs deplete their ammo supply. If unchecked, they have unlimmted ammo when using that weapon.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys, but after some going over it a few more times I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it. I CAN mitigate this occurrence, but not without causing other drawback. I think I'll just deal with it.

Ah, I thought it was to prevent NPCs from using that ammo - like how they equip the arrow that killed them, as soon as they died, when they already have lesser arrows.

Isn't there a Keyword that relates to something only the player can use? Or is that only for certain levers and such?