Grass mesh explodes with no mods

Mojique

This webm is the game with a completely clean data directory on a fresh install.

https://my.mixtape.moe/swhbpb.webm

I've reinstalled the game a couple times over, deleted the entire game data folder and validated the files via Steam, made sure I had installed the packages that came with the game, and did as much as I could to figure out what was wrong. I had discovered it was the grass mesh exploding when I entered the toggle grass console command while trying to see if something rendering on my screen was breaking it. I'm now playing with the grass render distance set to 0, because any grass at all seems to break it. I understand that it might not be grass itself, but some of the miscellaneous pebbles or rocks added in the SE version that are generated alongside grass, but regardless, it disappears when I enter tg into the console.

I've a couple questions. One, does anyone else have any issues with unchanged meshes being broken? Two, how do I begin to fix this? I don't think any grass mod changes the meshes of grass (or debris generated alongside grass). Three, how does this even happen on a fresh install?

• 3 months later...

I had this problem with the flowers(or atleast this looks identical to my old prob anyway). The problem was in a setting in Skyrimprefs.ini that made the flowers in certain areas warp and stretch into the horizon depending on what I was looking at.

This is my grass setting now:

[Grass]
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=13000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000 <-----------------this setting was something wrong and I don't remember if I did it or something else did, but upon changing it to this or I assume vanilla, it fixed.
fGrassStartFadeDistance=0.0000
Normal FPS. Normal plant life. Hopefully this works for you. I only brought this up since you didn't mention anything about ini settings in "my documents>my games>Skyrim Special Edition". Whenever you reinstall Skyrim, the ini files are untouched until you manually go in and change something directly. That being said, may the land quake under the weight of your Thu'um Dovakin.
Edited by Rotastico