ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Better Default Sara Ryder

TheChugster2204

I was just googling some stuff of Sara Ryder, no not that (no R34 while I'm at work :tongue:), and found this video apparently showing a much better looking default Sara. This apparently was in an earlier build of the game and was patched out (possibly to pacify the SJW crew)

Can anyone confirm if this can be modded back into the game?

Here is a picture for those who dont want to watch the video:

bryRHOX.jpg

Edited by TheChugster2204

Wow such a big difference. Personally, I don't think Sara's facial structure is ugly. It's just that constant smile and the big, uncanny eyes make her look like she has hyperthyroidism or a she's stroke victim.

And honestly, I don't see how making her less appealing is social justice. I thought social justice and feminism were about equality. The only thing they achieved from this is an ugly Sara Ryder who happens to have a male model for a brother, which spells inequality to me.
Seriously, what logic is that..

But anyway, if someone manages to revert her facial structure back, then we're saved!
When was this patched, though?

As far as I know this is the model that is on the disc version of the game, so PS4 and XB1, so I assume that the very first patch fixed it.

Apparently if you install the game from the disc and dont update then this is the default Sara.

I dont know what this means for PC, I suppose it depends on how accessible the face model assets are after patch, if the model is completely replaced then we may be screwed (I dont think you cant add new models to frostbite)...if its bypassed in someway then there might be a way to access it, but as I'm not a modder I dont know for sure.

Thats why I want someone who is familiar with modding to let me know if this is possible, if it isnt then I'll just have to hope that the upcoming CC changes make a big difference.

On Frostbite the patches are additive, meaning they don't delete/replace the original content, they are in a separate folder and simply override the original content (this is how mods worked for DAI, hijacking the patch system). The original head should still be in the base PC content as well.

If the two head meshes have an identical vert count, then it's probable that eventually they could be swapped, as was the case with DAI. It seems to me like the revised head is just a slightly tweaked version of the original, so chances are good this will be possible at some point.

Edited by DarthParametric

• 3 weeks later...

On the plus side, they finally managed to present an appealing asian face preset. I always tried to create an asian face for ages and was pleasantly surprised by their preset. It's the only appealing preset, by the way.

What are you talking about? There is only ONE attractive Asian face (preset 1 female) and you had to do a lot of work to make it appealing, the other one was so ugly that no amount of fiddling can make her look good.

None of the Asian male is appealing, I'm a pretty ugly looking Asian dude and even I looked better than the male presets in the game. Wish they would model John Cho or Daniel Wu for the male preset.