My first custom house

Phoenixn

Here is the exterior view of the house I created in 3DS Max and have imported into Skyrim.

The house will be further improved now that my "proof of concept" worked.

I have it placed on the piece of land across the little bridge in Riverwood:

http://www.x3dmod.com/ftp/images/skyrim26.jpg

I'll finish connecting (and designing) the interior when the Creation Kit comes out next week. :smile:

Edited by Phoenixn

Here is the exterior view of the house I created in 3DS Max and have imported into Skyrim.

The house will be further improved now that my "proof of concept" worked.

I have it placed on the piece of land across the little bridge in Riverwood:

http://www.x3dmod.com/ftp/images/skyrim26.jpg

I'll finish connecting (and designing) the interior when the Creation Kit comes out next week. :smile:

NONONONONO, make it the first worldspace house, just model the inside walls and floor and then place the stuff, you could even do it now with console.

NONONONONO, make it the first worldspace house, just model the inside walls and floor and then place the stuff, you could even do it now with console.

Bad idea. Weather in the worldspace knows nothing about interior spaces. Neither do hostile NPCs/creatures.

looks nice what did u use for doing it??

Thanks!

I'm using 3DS Max, NifTools plugin and NifSkope.

The biggest challenge has been lack (almost) of support for collision meshes, but there are a couple of ways to do it.

I'll be writing a detailed tutorial sometime soon.

Here are latest images

I'll be uploading to Steam Workshop in a day or two. I've never uploaded a mod to Nexus, so I might try that too.

[EDIT] Now available on Workshop as "Riverwood Newhome"

Edited by Phoenixn

what happened to the mod page?

i hope it comes back.

This mod will return probably later today. I took it down so I could sort out the multiple versions floating around and add a couple of features.

The mod is now very stable, and once re-released, I don't expect any further changes.

My efforts will be switching to participation in an extended Quest mod involving this house among other things.

Edited by Phoenixn