Towers with birds-eye view; lay of the land

tongwa

I often just want to jump on a horse and explore the countryside.. but it seems you can't ride for 30 seconds or more before something attacks you or you encounter a hostile facility. I often wish I could climb to the top of a nearby tower and get the lay of the land...

Some of my initial ideas were for the "I Fell" tower. The builder could have named it in his dying breath... and "The Leaning Tower of Pizza".. with a shoppe at the base which sells some of the pizza mods books/recipes? ..The Seer's Tower (Sear'sTower, now Willis)... Skytree (tallest tower in the world; Tokyo Japan)... The Dragon tower (Harbin, China).. of course, the appearances wouldn't need match the namesake... and stairs with navigable navmeshes could be avoided with portals at the base and top...

But then I got to thinking an actual structure might not be necessary... small shrines could be placed where one might sit and meditate.. projecting their minds' eye into the air... affording them an unobstructed view of the lay of the land (weather permitting). .. or avoid even creating shrines and make a spell for bringing the camera view high into the air...

Thank you for your time...

• 1 month later...