[LE] Fallout style bartering system

divyanthj

Although Skyrim's trading system is better than that of Oblivion, where traders' gold actually runs out, I find it a bit tedious for a medieval setting.

Consider this scenario:

Suppose I have a potion worth a 1000 gold coins and carry absolutely no money. Let's say, the trader has an Amulet of Alchemy worth 1000, but has only 100 gold. I should be able to exchange my potion for his Amulet, right?

A barter system would let players buy and sell things purely based on the items' worth. I think such a system would be a lot more realistic. I'm sure people who have played fallout 3 or New Vegas would understand...

• 6 months later...
This is probably my most wanted mod currently. I'm surprised more people haven't complained. Does anyone know the kind of modding that would need to be done or if it's even possible? I'm guessing it would require knowlegde of Skyrim Script Extender, but I have no clue.

• 3 years later...

So far as I've seen, this mod still does not exist... I am no expert in coding or modding so I have to ask... Is the reason for not doing it, that it would be too difficult a project to redesign the current trading system into the better, more immersive/accurate, convenient system of barter like that which was present in Fallout 3?

• 1 year later...

Although Skyrim's trading system is better than that of Oblivion, where traders' gold actually runs out, I find it a bit tedious for a medieval setting.

Consider this scenario:

Suppose I have a potion worth a 1000 gold coins and carry absolutely no money. Let's say, the trader has an Amulet of Alchemy worth 1000, but has only 100 gold. I should be able to exchange my potion for his Amulet, right?

A barter system would let players buy and sell things purely based on the items' worth. I think such a system would be a lot more realistic. I'm sure people who have played fallout 3 or New Vegas would understand...

Fallout has a better barter system with morrowind you have to mouse over the item to see the value while fallout the item's value is next to it. Even fallout games like fnv and fallout 4 still have that barter system. Which begs the question why they didn't simply use that instead of insta sell and insta buy system. They could've even stripped the need to use the whole disposition. I'd even settle for oblivion barter system over skyrim, as there have been too many times i've accidentally sold or bought things.

Edited by Ichinzen2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...