Connecting conduit

Is there a way to connect conduit in the ck so it starts already snapped to other piece when play? I used several pieces to run across a PA display room and they work as long as the player picks them up and connects them in game. Would like to have them start already connected (in which case also adding several more) to allow for hidden-ish connection back to power room.

Just to clarify, not asking about power lines. Asking about the dlc conduit pieces.

the conduit is a power line, so you are asking about power lines, but the conduit may work like the walls.

Far as basic snaps, looking at the vaulttec dlc and vault88, the only linkage I see between the preplaced wall peaces is workshopitemstackedparentduplicate linking them together on some of the wall pieces, sense they transmit power, that might be all thats needed. (i.e. like the little nursery area where the molerats are), I'm not seeing anything else linking the pieces together for their snaps.

So there is no way in the ck to make any snapable item snap to another like it would in game? Not just conduits but say floors or anything that can snap to another piece in game.

well not 'snap' but lining stuff up is easy enough using grid snap, place the first piece, then in the render window Shift + q and it should give you the target mouse, then click the piece you placed, this will align the object with that one, when i use this I usually set my grid snap to 8, rotation to 45. makes it easy to align them but far as snapping like in game, I don't know of any command that does it. To clear the Shift + q, move the render window so your facing the sky with no obstructions, press shift+q again, click in the dead space even though the target icon is red, this will clear it.

Well nuts, was hoping to not have to make players snap placed conduit to make it work. Been trying to figure out how to wire up a base I built.

Have another idea but that is a new post.

it may require you doing power connections like wires are done, two key things need to be edited in order for them to work properly in settlements, first is the workshop workbench, and the other are the two objects that would be passing power. Home plate (player home) at diamond city is a good example of this, however you'll need to look at it in xedit /fo4edit in order to see the connections and how they are setup as there doesn't seem to be a way to set them up inside of ck, but both have required connections set to function and transfer power properly (look at the wires there and the workbench to see the connections) . Bethesda tells us that the ck we are using is the same one they used to build the game but I highly doubt that, many features that should be present that would be essential for them to do what they have just aren't in the ck we have, im more then sure that the ck they gave us is a slimmed down, feature lacking version.