Connecting Power Lines in CK

ReaperTai

Hello,

Trying to figure out how to connect 2 ceiling connectors in the CK so they actually work. Attempting to pre-wire some areas of a personal base mod I am working on. Searched web but got non working solutions, cosmetic only. Need it to actually transmit power from room to room.

I sent you a PM reply, but I'll mention it here for anyone else:

"If I recall correctly, you just (in the Creation Kit) put up your workshop connectors and radiate the power from your chosen power source to the connectors by giving the power source an actor value Powerradiation with a really high number value.

Shouldn't make changes to vanilla base objects, and instead, make a duplicate and edit that. Just a reminder, I'm sure you know already. =)

Tarsis31 did one recently with exactly that type of setup, iirc...think it was Kenmore Subway.

Might take a look at it."

This seems to be a feature that was cut or is now bugged in the Ckit but you can make the connection in xEdit BUT it will never be 100% correct.

Here are some quotes from another thread on the subject where I tried to explain the process of fixing the issue in xEdit.

This is not related to scripts but, is about setting up a pre-Powered location like Home plate. It seems a function was cut from the Ckit we received. If you want to create a player home with power you need to fix the "Power Grid" and all of the connections between Generator, (Power Box), Spline, Conduit, Spline, Conduit and so on in xEdit.

The keywords do need to still be set in the Ckit but even so the connection will not take in game until the player activates the wire (spline) and re-connects it unless you make the connection in xEdit.

also even after making the proper connection in xEdit if the player moves a Power Box or, conduit before re-attaching the wire, the wire will be broken and just float in the air, unable to be activated again.

My solution to this was just to move all of my power grid outside of the playable area because I wanted a fully powered home.

I'm not on my Gaming PC at the moment but if anyone is interested in this and wants more clarification I can post some xEdit screens later fully explaining the needed edits.

Yes, that's basically what you do.

Set everything up in CK with the keywords for workshop item and workshop power (Sorry again not on my game PC so I can't remember the correct keywords)

You need to then open in xEdit and find your workbench, near the bottom you'll see "Power Grid" it will be blank but needs info for power to work. (Look at Home Plate, that is partly how I figured this all out) The info is a connection to your Power Box or Generator.

then for the power box or generator, it needs a spline connection set,

Then the spline need a spline connection set to the power box or Generator and the first conduit.

then the first conduit needs a spline connection set to the first spline.

You then need to continue down the line until the entire power grid is set up and connected.

(One of the issues I've found is that Splines are not getting the persistent flag set by the Ckit so you'll also need to set that in xEdit. )

(Helpful Hint: I gave my power system Ref ID's to make them easier to find in xEdit and be organized. Example, BTInt_PH_Spline_01, BTInt_PH_Concuit_01, BTInt_PH_Spline_02, BTInt_PH_Concuit_02 and so on. This way I knew which spline needed to be connected to which Conduit or Power box.)

If you take a look at Home Plate's power grid and spline connections it will make sense, Home plate only has a small system.

Again later tonight I can post some screens and give a better explanation.

Edit to be clear, Look at Home Plates Power Grid and spline connections in xEdit not the Ckit.

If you want to read the entire thread go to Manipulating Power State with Papyrus

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

• 1 year later...

This seems to be a feature that was cut or is now bugged in the Ckit but you can make the connection in xEdit BUT it will never be 100% correct.

Here are some quotes from another thread on the subject where I tried to explain the process of fixing the issue in xEdit.

This is not related to scripts but, is about setting up a pre-Powered location like Home plate. It seems a function was cut from the Ckit we received. If you want to create a player home with power you need to fix the "Power Grid" and all of the connections between Generator, (Power Box), Spline, Conduit, Spline, Conduit and so on in xEdit.

The keywords do need to still be set in the Ckit but even so the connection will not take in game until the player activates the wire (spline) and re-connects it unless you make the connection in xEdit.

also even after making the proper connection in xEdit if the player moves a Power Box or, conduit before re-attaching the wire, the wire will be broken and just float in the air, unable to be activated again.

My solution to this was just to move all of my power grid outside of the playable area because I wanted a fully powered home.

I'm not on my Gaming PC at the moment but if anyone is interested in this and wants more clarification I can post some xEdit screens later fully explaining the needed edits.

Yes, that's basically what you do.

Set everything up in CK with the keywords for workshop item and workshop power (Sorry again not on my game PC so I can't remember the correct keywords)

You need to then open in xEdit and find your workbench, near the bottom you'll see "Power Grid" it will be blank but needs info for power to work. (Look at Home Plate, that is partly how I figured this all out) The info is a connection to your Power Box or Generator.

then for the power box or generator, it needs a spline connection set,

Then the spline need a spline connection set to the power box or Generator and the first conduit.

then the first conduit needs a spline connection set to the first spline.

You then need to continue down the line until the entire power grid is set up and connected.

(One of the issues I've found is that Splines are not getting the persistent flag set by the Ckit so you'll also need to set that in xEdit. )

(Helpful Hint: I gave my power system Ref ID's to make them easier to find in xEdit and be organized. Example, BTInt_PH_Spline_01, BTInt_PH_Concuit_01, BTInt_PH_Spline_02, BTInt_PH_Concuit_02 and so on. This way I knew which spline needed to be connected to which Conduit or Power box.)

If you take a look at Home Plate's power grid and spline connections it will make sense, Home plate only has a small system.

Again later tonight I can post some screens and give a better explanation.

Edit to be clear, Look at Home Plates Power Grid and spline connections in xEdit not the Ckit.

If you want to read the entire thread go to Manipulating Power State with Papyrus

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Hi there,

I am trying to get this power thing sorted but in FO4Edit I have no idea how you change the "spline" from Temporary to Persistant. I would really appreciate help on this.

Thank you in advance,

Dave