Skyrim Deadly Dragons problem ( HUGE )

Acer1

When i installed the Deadly Dragons mod i had a crashing problem as well.

I install all my mods manualy including DD so i just re-opened the read-me and double checked everything and found out the problem after a little bit.

In the latest version of the mod, all language files are placed in different folders, for example the English files are all in a folder called "english" . So what i did was to simply move that whole folder into my Strings folder which is located inside the data folder and is where any language files are supposed to go.

But then i realised that any other files in the string folder were not in seperate folders so i just opened the "english" folder and dragged all files inside the Strings Folder and then deleted the empty english folder and the game started working again.

In previous versions of this mod, the language files are not sorted out and you had to find them yourself unless you were using the NMM. In the latest version, he decided to make our job easier by sorting them all out inside seperate folders but you still need to take only the files themselves and put them in the Strings folder directly which is what i had to find out the hard way lol.

So all that to say that sometimes a crashing issue can be just one little detail you might have missed while installing the mod. It's not always something big .

Krawll

Thanks very much for posting this, it helped me and it now works. I was having a problem too where game would crash right before the 2nd menu upon startup. I managed to isolate dragons mod as the "guilty" mod... which I found bizarre since I had used it in the past, but after uninstalling and reinstalling skyrim and all my mods (for other reasons) I found it strange that it would suddenly stop working.

For those of you manually installing DD, don't go into the "Strings" folder to extract the languages, but go into the "Sorted_Strings_For_Manual_Installation" folder and copy/paste all those files (probably English) into your data/strings folder (just the files, not the folder).

It should fix it.