Minecraft help

hoofhearted4

so ive been wanting to try this game out for awhile, and im finally getting around to it...kind of.

i want to try the free Classical Version first (to see if i like it, but also cause i dont have extra money to buy it atm) but when i click the "Single Player" option, it either A) closes out of my browser, or B) BSODs my laptop into a reboot. i tried printing the screen of the BSOD, but it doesnt copy....ive tried this in both Firefox and IE, with the same results.

running Windows 7. specs of my laptop are fine lol. doesnt take much to handle minecraft, but my laptop doesnt even come close.

anyone know whats happening? or better what i can do to fix it or better troubleshoot it?

i dont even think i have it installed. its just a link on the home page of minecraft.net and i believe you play it in browser. im not sure 100% as its done this to me from the very start, so ive never actually played it.

I would try, downloading it if you have purchased and try to find a guide about setting the ram limits for minecraft

update/download java

other then that without more infomation I cant really help

well as i said, i dont have the money to buy it (plus i dont wanna buy it without trying it first hand) this is the free Classic version that im talking about...as far as i can tell, there is no installing it, you just click it and play in your browser. but i cant cause i BSOD when i try. or at the very least it closes out my browser.

what other information would you need?

i have Java, but i dont have the latest versions 1.5.0 or whatever it is. and this might be the problem, but brings up a similar issue.

when i go to download the latest Java, it will say verifying Java, then my browser closes out. same for IE and Chrome. i cant figure out why this is happening

Edited by hoofhearted4

Have you tried doing a spybot scan? You may have some strange virus or something. I can't understand what is causing your problem. I tried the alpha myself and it worked fine for me;Firefox, windows 7 x64 and a current version of Java which I assume is the same as you. See if that helps :confused: .

just got done doing a scan in Safe Mode with AVG, Anti-Malwarebytes, and Spybot S&D, they found nothing. also cleaned out my PC junk with CCleaner, made sure everything was up to date with windows update. and it still just closes out my browser. it stays up long enough for me to read "Detecting Java on your Computer" then it just closes out. Open it back up and Firefox will give its "Oops sorry, we F!@#ed up" thing. and yea.

idk whats going on. idk why i cant download Java on to my Computer....maybe if i uninstall all Java and try to reinstall it? idk....ill report back after :/

REPORT:

well i uninstalled the Java i had, restarted, reinstalled just fine, restarted, then tried to see if i could get MineCraft to work, and Lo and Behold it worked! i was able to play the free single player Classic Version in the browser....i accidentally clicked back on my mouse though, and when i went to go back using the link, i BSODed and my laptop rebooted again. so it did work. however, im not going to go through the trouble of trying to make it work. in the classic version you have unlimited building supplies, and no monsters, so its extremely limited, and just not a good representation of the game. i still think ill get it ($30 isnt much, for when i actually have the money) but it will be a while. probably not until ive built my PC.

Edited by hoofhearted4

REPORT:

well i uninstalled the Java i had, restarted, reinstalled just fine, restarted, then tried to see if i could get MineCraft to work, and Lo and Behold it worked! i was able to play the free single player Classic Version in the browser....i accidentally clicked back on my mouse though, and when i went to go back using the link, i BSODed and my laptop rebooted again. so it did work. however, im not going to go through the trouble of trying to make it work. in the classic version you have unlimited building supplies, and no monsters, so its extremely limited, and just not a good representation of the game. i still think ill get it ($30 isnt much, for when i actually have the money) but it will be a while. probably not until ive built my PC.

The classic version is a little over a year old and is mostly untouched. It may not work so well with the newest version of Java.

But yes, it can be a little system demanding depending on the world and what mods you have installed.