From Frost Elves to Falmer

waxxin

A Fate Worse than Death  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Frost Elves (now Falmer) Deserve their Fate?

• Yes, they Got what was coming, They Reaped what was sewn (law of unintentional consequences be damned)
    • No, Their Ultimate Fate was one worse than Death.
    • The Dweemer were Fate's hand of Justice, while being charitable
    • I have some symapthy for the Falmer (victims of an un-intentional consequence)
    • Skyrim Belongs to the Nords !!!!!!!

I've seen a few posts about Empire vs Storm Cloaks (at great length), but I've yet to see a discussion about the Frost Elves fate. Thru out the game I remember atleast one reference to how "the Dwemer were heartless or mean" towards the Frost Elves.

The Facts:

Now if I remember the lore correctly,

The Nords Settled in Skyrim, which had Frost Elf settlements prior.

The Frost Elves attacked and burned the 1st human city in Skyrim. (see the Night of Tears)

Then the Nords struck back, and crushed the Frost Elves in a decisive battle, and the remnants of the Frost Elves Scattered, and took up refuge with the Dwarves (who ultimately turned the frost elves into their current state).

No one made the Frost Elves run to the Dweemer.

The stuff which you can inferr

The Frost Elves probably had a superior civilization, probably had diplomatic contacts with the Nords.

At the night of Tears many civilian types were accosted or killed (immediately or thru secondary effects of sacking a town)

I've yet to hear about the Dweemer being the overt aggressive type, the Frost Elves already demonstrated a penchant for being the aggressive type, the Dweemer were being proactive in their self defense while being charitable all the same.

(I have no sympathy for the Falmer...so I realize my points, may have some bias to them. I would be interested in reading what others have to say in the matter...be it pro or con) Also I feel that the Dweemer are given an unfair rap about the whole deal. (the Fungus may have been toxic to the Frost Elves...but perhaps not the Dweemer...how were the Dweemer suppose to know)

Have fun

Edited by waxxin

Well as much bad as I feel about what happened to them, they attack me on sight so they have to die

This is less about defending yourself, and more about your opinion of the course of events that led them to their current state.

How does any of that pertain to those living now? If my great grandfather committed crimes, am I guilty?

As for their great grandparents, victors in wars always write the history books, so it's not fair to judge based on a few paragraphs from a few sources with lots of holes and without hearing the defense of those accused.

The Falmer I have come across in Skyrim seem hostile on site, no matter what you do. I've also come across an attacked camp with people dragged off inside a cave full of Falmer, which I cleared. Based on this little knowledge, I see them as a threat.

Well generally speaking they were evil bastards & thus should be killed.

That said what happened to them was a fate worse then death in many regards.

They were enslaved, forced to undergo mutations & basically de evolved into a blind feral tribal like race.

So I say kill them all & put them out of their misery before they become a threat to the above world.

How does any of that pertain to those living now? If my great grandfather committed crimes, am I guilty?

Would the would be descendants of those who where there at the night of tears, echo the same sentiment I wonder?

Are you on medication?

Nope.....but...are you so much that...

Have you forgotten history

...elf lover?