From Frost Elves to Falmer

waxxin

A Fate Worse than Death  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Frost Elves (now Falmer) Deserve their Fate?

• Yes, they Got what was coming, They Reaped what was sewn (law of unintentional consequences be damned)
    • No, Their Ultimate Fate was one worse than Death.
    • The Dweemer were Fate's hand of Justice, while being charitable
    • I have some symapthy for the Falmer (victims of an un-intentional consequence)
    • Skyrim Belongs to the Nords !!!!!!!

I feel slightly sorry for them. Yes, they aren't free of guilt, but waht the Dwemer did was nothing but evil. Turning a majestetic race of elves into goblin-like creatures?

And yes, I am a mer lover. My favourite is the Snow Elves, followed by High elves. I guess that could bias my view slightly.

Does no one feel sadness for the forsworn? Thier lands taken from them by the Empire!
Fixed that for you. Ulfric's "massacre" of the forsworn was tasked by the Empire. Probably the nords in the side of Ulfric gave a sht bout Markath by that time but the Empire promised them free Talos worshiping in exchange for doing their dirty work.
The whole mess with the Falmer is, in my opinion, just a crap-tastic attempt by the writers to make the Dwemer less attractive. They were the most popular race starting with Morrowind, and people have cried to have them playable for at least a decade now.
Huh, that could be it. I also interpreted the whole "half of morrowind is a wasteland, the other half is part of Argonia" as a "dont you EVER ask again to visit Morrowind, thank you". Maybe cutting ties with all TES 3 nostalgia... Edited by eltucu

Does no one feel sadness for the forsworn? Thier lands taken from them by the Nords!

This i feel is an important point. We know that, at least in some way, the Falmer had it comming. There are still gaps, of course, but we know they tried to commit genocide at least once.

The Forsworn, on the otherhand, or as they were formerly known, the Reachmen, are completely the product of Nord subjugation and racism. They occupied the land in the reach, presumably, before even the Falmer drove off the Nedic settlers (Being of Breton decent, the Forsworn are half elf, which probably spared them the same fate). When the Nords came back, they put the Reachment to the sword and turned them into little more than slaves on their own lands. When they finally stand up and the world starts to take notice, Ulfric and his cronies slaughter them, even as the Empire prepares to accept their application for kingdom under the Empire.

Fixed that for you. Ulfric's "massacre" of the forsworn was tasked by the Empire. Probably the nords in the side of Ulfric gave a sht bout Markath by that time but the Empire promised them free Talos worshiping in exchange for doing their dirty work.

I'd also like to point out that the Jarl of Markarth states "We offered him (Ulfric) free worship". Considering the degree of independance the Jarls have in Skyrim, i think its safe to say that the Jarl himself offered to reinstate Talos, not the Empire. All the indications from other sources indicate that the Empire was preparing to grant Markarth formally to the Reachmen, similar to how they suppored the formation of Orisinium.

Edited by Lachdonin

what we know about falmers now: they were a very advanced civilization when the nords came from atmora. although technologically they weren't as advanced as the dwemer. when the nords found a "source of great power" aka. eye of magnus snow elves attacked them to get the source(there is a book about this subject in the arch-mage quarters in winterhold) nords were crushed and only ysgrammor and two of his sons survived and fled to atmora. they gathered 500 war champion and hero from atmora and came back. in their war with snow elves they crushed them and killed them by thousands.(just for the records they buried their king in respect and gave him and his bodyguards a proper burial) so snow elves fled to dwemer only to be slaved there too. dwemer fed them with fungus so they turn blind and their grand-grand-grand children would also borne blind. they revolted and were fighting against the dwemers (why couldnt dwemers kill them with all those killing machines?) one day when they came for war they found the dwemer gone(what really happened?) but they couldn't stop the war so they attacked everyone they ... heard or smelt. but in the book of that guy in the winterhold about falmers he suggest that they maybe turning back to what they were!

my opinion: it was a war and they lost to nords so 1. nords do own skyrim 2. since they started the war it is their fault that they became this

How does any of that pertain to those living now? If my great grandfather committed crimes, am I guilty?

Would the would be descendants of those who where there at the night of tears, echo the same sentiment I wonder?

Are you on medication?

Nope.....but...are you so much that...

Have you forgotten history

...elf lover?

Maybe I am an elf.

So, is that a yes to my first question? Everyone is guilty of their ancestors' crimes?

No they aren't but its not like the Falmer repented, as they still kill all non-Falmer peoples on sight.

Exactly. Which is why I normally kill them on first sight.

This is a video game, with that being said.... what happened to them probably was inhumane and it probably would have been best for the dwarfs to just put them all to the sword.

Also none of our characters where alive when this offense happened, and if we were how could we have stopped it? Then our races would also have been enslaved and torture by th dwarves.

With that being said... Go to the lighthouse near Dawnstar (?)... and see for yourself what "helpless" and "oppressed" elves are capable of.

So my policy towards them is simple..... KILL THEM ALL AND LET THE GODS SORT THEM OUT!!!!

Playing the game - I was interested by the 'possible revival' of the Falmer, but then puzzled by the implications with soul gems.

The Falmer are a well crafted 'goblin' race for Skyrim ... I have been wondering if the Oblivion goblins have ever been explained.

(Was surprised to read one of the in-game books that suggested Orcs were goblin-kin; and was relieved to read other

sources that that view is misguided, and they truly are elves with no goblin link).

(Also hadn't realised Breton were 'half-breeds', as they downplay their elven origins - in the racially divided Tamriel, they are

not in a safe position)

Goblins are in fact one of many sentient, though not particularly intelegent species which inhabit Tamriel alongside the more formal races. These include, but are not limited to, Sload, Ape-Men (Whose name escapes me right now) the Hist, Dreugh etc. Some of the non-formal peoples of Tamriel are primitive, such as the Hist and the Ape-Men (who, if i remember correctly, worship Elves as gods) others are aquatic and thus not commonly encountered, such as the Dreugh and Sload, and others are highly intelegent but found in such remote places little is known about them, such as the Hist.

The Playable Races do not even count for half of what could be considered 'humanoid' species on Tamriel (We're not even counting Akivir and Atmora here).

The falmer didn't HAVE to quit the war. They could've continued fighting, but they surrendered to the Dwemer.

They brought it upon themselves.

Wait... What war? They fought the Dwemer AFTER being poisoned. If you're talking about the war with the Nords, thats another matter, but even then they never surrendered to the Dwemer.

Edited by Lachdonin