No INI?

RowinWolfe

So I tried to install NMM to get mods for fallout 4. Setting it up it said I have no Fallout 4 INI file. I checked under c:user/profile/documents but to adjust the prefs but there is nothing there period. The preferences were in the folder under c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/fallout 4/fallout4 and the game does work but downloading mods either manually or through the mod manager does not seem to work. Any ideas?

Something else I ahould note is there was no launcher section in the preferences.

Edited by RowinWolfe

program files (x86) has its own curse attached to it by microsoft

You're right. To clarify for maybe not so experienced users: NEVER install any Bethesda game or NMM in "C:\program files (x86)". Chances are you will get permanent UAC errors: You might be unable to change or install/uninstall mods, even as administrator. Install outside said directory. Create something like c:\Games or install on a different drive than C.

@RowinWolfe: Make sure you start Fallout4 with the Steam launcher. Don't use the F4SE launcher (if you got F4SE installed) or any other launcher when starting the game for the first time.

If this doesn't work, open your Steam library, select Fallout 4, rightclick (I think...), open "Properties" and choose "Verify Game Cache", Then restart the game again.

Edited by Algabar

: NEVER install any game or NMM in "C:\program files (x86)".

fixed that for ya

btw there is a way to move steam out of that accursed directory without uninstalling

but only if your google-fu is up to par

Edited by Fonger