Nexus mods not loading/rendering/appearing in-game

CaptainOCD

I got back into F4 after a few months of inactivity, so I uninstalled, reinstalled to my secondary drive, then uninstalled and reinstalled NMM to the same drive, and then starting loading up some mods. First, just the unofficial patch, then AWCKR(?), and then some weapon mods.

It was at this moment I realized none of the sounds, models, or textures for any of the mods were showing up in-game. They take up inventory space and are listed in the Pip-boy, but they have no model, sound, texture, or animation. I can use mods from the Bethesda site just fine, one of the weapon mods I downloaded was from there, but absolutely no mods from Nexus or loaded through the MM load any assets that weren't already in the game.

I really could use a hand with this. I need to have something to do while I wait for Blizzard to fix their potato-tier servers.

This is happening to me as well, but with clothing/armor mods. making the body parts the clothes wear invisible.

Mods that don't use new textures are working fine.

Some things I've tried (that OP might want to):

Reinstalling the mods, checking that the Texture and Meshes files were downloaded, replacing them with manually downloaded versions, confirming that mods are allowed (sounds like OP's are), testing with similar mods to see if it was specific to those mods, and a few other things I've forgotten (it's been a long day).

Right now I'm reinstalling the game, as most manual-mod-install-instructions are referring to differently named files ("Fallout4.ini" while I only have "Fallout4_Default.ini" example). But since OP opened up with a new install I'm thinking that won't work either.

did you follow the instructions from the first thread in this (sub) fourm

Yeah, that's the first thing I did before going about installing mods in the first place. And again, Bethesda mods work just fine. It's only Nexus mods, and any mods installed through NMM, that are giving me issues.

The latest versions of NMM (from the last few months actually) are really bad about not properly installing and activating mods. Unfortunately they've also stopped supporting it while they work on a new one from scratch. I suggest either switching to a somewhat older, more stable version of NMM or switching to Mod Organizer 2 which has recently started receiving support again with a new developer.

Make sure you also followed the ini file instructions to enable mods, this also enables the game to be able to use loose files. It's easy to forget this step in a full re-install because you only have to do it once. I've forgotten myself. http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Mod Organizer 2 is pretty stable and works well, it's what I use. The only issues Mod Organizer has is that it is a little more prone to crash when using external apps like FO4Edit, LOOT, and the Creation Kit. Thankfully though it's more annoying than showstopping. The crashing usually happens when exiting one of those programs and thankfully the crashing seems to happen after whatever changes you made were saved. Even more thankfully, since Le Presidente took over development the exit crashing with other apps has significantly reduced.

Guide to Mod Organizer (made for an older version but generally still applicable): http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer