some historical events

sagitel

I would doubt the Daedra summoned being permanent or can exist in the world away from the daedric shrines for too long. due to the lack of gates. The shrines of the Daedra are links from this plane to theirs, so I would assume they have a certain amount of power in the immediate area around their shrines, even if it appears that only Dagon has enough power to do something really solid. Otherwise Meridia, Vile and the Orc Daedra (forgot name gah!) would just have summoned minions to deal with the necro, vampires and giants desecrating their shrines.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "The Seven Fights of The Aldudagga" are true...

i find this somehow funny. this is a real quote from the seven fights.

here danced the icicle-curtain dance and killed their second rank and Broga here mountain-farted and killed their third and fourth ranks (that was funny) and Vjevaka here rolled auspicious numbers on rune bones and killed their fifth rank...

mountain farted? seriously!

even though you killed by yourself the five-thousandth rank with Olendrung, even after all of these things, the elves still kept coming!

then ysgrammor crushed them with 500 soldiers. and all of this 5000 ranks were killed just by "600 and some odd nords"

i dont think the seven fights of Aldudagga is true

Have you read MK's other works? This is the same guy who wrote the 36 lessons of vivec, and the loveletter from the 5th era.

He did the sword meetings of Cyrus too right? The one with Vivec (this one i liked) and the one with Talos (this one i didnt).

Im not too fond of his stuff though. Its interesting when you find a digested post somewhere of someone who actually has the mindset to understand his stuff.

To me it looks needlessly complicated, i'd rather have fun assembling the entire plot from the presented pieces than assembling every single sentence or on some cases, every single word written.

That said, Kirkbride IS a big part of the TES lore, complicated or not. So you can more or less safely take his stuff as a more solid evidence for things that Beth didnt addressed personally, specially when you find references to his stuff from time to time in TES games.

• 2 weeks later...

magiii, I think the other versed guys like Lachdonin, sajjuukkk... and the rest got bored tired of answering so I'll try to do it.

Note that despite I'm a big TES fan, my knowlege is more practical. I've read some of the ingame books, but not EVERY SINGLE BOOK like that guys.

So, in a few words...

Dwemer discovered a divine artifact under the Red Mountain - the Heart of Lorkhan (ask that versed guys what it is really). Their chief engineer Cagrenac decided to make all Dwemer like gods. BTW, Dwemer were not a race - they were just a House of Chimer (former Dunmer - they had normal skin and eyes that time). Of course, it would make house Dwemer superior in Morrowind (and, maybe, in all Tamriel). But Azura detected it and sent a vision to general Nerevar Indoril. He started negotiations with the House Dwemer, failed, then started a war (uniting all other Houses and the wild Chimer - Ashlanders).

Either the fundamental errors or some mistakes caused by the haste led to a very unfortunate result (for Dwemer). Cagrenac performed his experiment, but the results were... unpredictable. All the Dwemer have just disappeared in a single moment. Noone knows for sure (not even Vivec) what happened to them. The only survived Dwemer were their explorers wandering in the other worlds. Someone already wrote what happened to the Heart of Lorkhan, Nerevar, his advisors (Vivec, Almalexia and Sota Sil) and Chimer/Dunmer, I think.

So, the short answer is: noone knows. Dwemer just disappeared. It was some thousand years ago.

1. The Heart of Lorkhan is just that, the heart of the missing god Lorkhan.

2. The Dwemer are not a clan of Dunmer, they were their own separate race. You are probably thinking of house Dagoth, led by the man who later became Dagoth Ur.

3. Nerevar made peace with the Dwemer for some time, they joined forced to fight back the Nords invading from Skyrim. It wasn't until the Dwemer started using the heart did Nerevar and the Dunmer go to war with the Dwemer, Azura had nothing to do with the war. However after the war with the Dwemer she told Nerevar to destroy the weapons Sunder, Keening, and the Wrathguard, and later, after the war with house dagoth, and after Nerevar died, Azura cursed Almelexia, Sotha Sil, Vivec, and the Chimer for killing Nerevar, turning them into the Dunmer.

4. The Dwemer turned into the golden skin of their giant robot Numidium, Bethesda said so, also Vivec really does know.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

1. The Heart of Lorkhan is just that, the heart of the missing god Lorkhan.

Indeed.

2. The Dwemer are not a clan of Dunmer, they were their own separate race. You are probably thinking of house Dagoth, led by the man who later became Dagoth Ur.

As I've told, my knowledge is PRACTICAL. In Morrowind a number of characters told me that Dwemer were the Seventh House, not a separate race. BTW, in Morrowind Dunmer were initially skilled in smithcraft and enchantments - quite logical for one of their Houses to develop in this way.

3. Nerevar made peace with the Dwemer for some time, they joined forced to fight back the Nords invading from Skyrim. It wasn't until the Dwemer started using the heart did Nerevar and the Dunmer go to war with the Dwemer, Azura had nothing to do with the war. However after the war with the Dwemer she told Nerevar to destroy the weapons Sunder, Keening, and the Wrathguard, and later, after the war with house dagoth, and after Nerevar died, Azura cursed Almelexia, Sotha Sil, Vivec, and the Chimer for killing Nerevar, turning them into the Dunmer.

Vivec or Dagoth Ur (don't remember correctly) TOLD ME that the war started because Azura was concerned with the Heart and what the Dwemer were going to to with it. So she has sent Nerevar a vision - he was a friend of Dumac, Dwemer king of that days, but even Dumac didn't know about Cagrenac's experiments. Either Cagrenac covered his work in secrecy or it was in the best traditions of our world - superiors never know what their engineers do and when asked answer like "inventing something". Without Azura's vision Nerevar would never know about experiments with the Heart.

4. The Dwemer turned into the golden skin of their giant robot Numidium, Bethesda said so, also Vivec really does know.

Vivec does know what? When I asked him about the Dwemer, HE TOLD ME: "no idea what happened to the Dwemer". Then told me two or three theories (shifted to some offworld, entered some other state of being, died).

By the way, it gave me an idea. What if whatever happened to Dwemer was something similar with what happened to Alduin? In this case they may return one day. :wink:

Edited by landy8