Adding a perk to every NPC?

JackRob

I was wondering, what would be the easiest/best way to add a perk to every NPC, including the player, in the game? The first few ideas I came up with would either take a good deal of work and/or could be overwritten by conflicts from commonly edited entries. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of work if it meant great compatibility with many mods. I'm thinking the best way would be either through a quest (aliases) or scripting (which I know how to do fairly well) or even both, but am unsure of how to go about this. Y'all's thoughts?

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to do with the perk? I only ask because there might be a more efficient way to do it rather than perking every NPC in the game.

If you're really married to the perk idea, I'd play around with race definitions. You could attach a script to the Human Race record, for example, that could inherit to every human NPC. You could also do that with a spell, which would get you the same basic results as a perk.

@Greslin Simply put, I want to add a chance for increased and/or decreased damage on all forms of attacks (akin to minimum and maximum damage found in many true RPGs). I've already done this successfully with a perk, and would like for it to affect as many forms of attacks as possible. The adding it as a spell to a race was my initial idea, but it would conflict with any mod that edits them as well, with the most common mods that do edit that being "Looksmenu mods" that adds new hairs/makeup to the player.

The cloak effect does seem sufficient for what I need, will give it a try.

Edited by JackRob