It is a texture pack after all,and it's available now! :D

Alithinos

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more of You have any problem with the server?

Message(translated) :The Steam servers are to busy to process your request.Try again in few minuts.

I get that when trying to run Skyrim but the HD pack is downloading and its suspended annoying. Hope it will kick up again soon.

Guess I will have to play tomorrow. =( Should not of started the Donwload

I try several servers and all give me the same message.The other games are fine ,so I guess that's not to serious.Its another Steam advantage. :down:

Hmmm... enabling HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack01.esp invalidates any textures from mods that might conflict.

Yuck. Reminds me of the old Archive Invalidation problem.

I noticed it right away on the loading screen as it showed a dwarven warhammer (I use "Heroic Dwarven Armor and Weapons" by mgbeach) and it was back to the skyrim default textures. They might be higher res now, but they still suck compared to the Heroic textures.

EDIT - i don't know much about working with .esp files, but a quick examination of them with TESVnip reveals them to be empty except for the header? Why would a texture pack even need .esp files? I wonder what they are for?

First question i ask myself...

Why ?.

Why a high resolution pack many of us modders have been working on retextures (i did myself) and did some fantastic job, so why do they try to do it, we dont need any more high resolution pack.

And most of us retextures are way better than their pack.

That's a disapointment.

But the CK looks great.