It is a texture pack after all,and it's available now! :D

Alithinos

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be using the entire pack if it wasn't for a couple things.

HDtexpack.esp01 breaks Xenius' mod. Dunmer in particular get the shaft. The hideous foreheads return as well as the wrinkles. Installing the files again will fix (Well, make it less prominent at least) the forehead, but the wrinkles refuse to disappear.

AS for the rest of the pack, I haven't really noticed much with esp02.

A warning however.

Any clothing/armor replacements you made get overridden. My Daedric returned to default, and I had to redownload www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3104 (I use a combination of all three types). I don't know if I lost my nightingale prime, but luckily I still had the files somewhere. Ysolda's outfit got a massive texture boost, but the dirt returned.

Likely due to esp01 as well, since I now have 02 turned on but my daedric remains the same.

My rage when I saw that hideous forehead on my Dunmer was legendary. :P

HDtexpack.esp01 breaks Xenius' mod. Dunmer in particular get the shaft. The hideous foreheads return as well as the wrinkles. Installing the files again will fix (Well, make it less prominent at least) the forehead, but the wrinkles refuse to disappear.

A warning however.

Any clothing/armor replacements you made get overridden. My Daedric returned to default, and I had to redownload www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3104 (I use a combination of all three types). I don't know if I lost my nightingale prime, but luckily I still had the files somewhere. Ysolda's outfit got a massive texture boost, but the dirt returned.

Likely due to esp01 as well, since I now have 02 turned on but my daedric remains the same.

I understand what you mean about the ridges and wrinkles but I think I initially spent an hour or more making the character as pretty as possible even with those disabilities lol. Some texture replacer mods remained fine and still active like the Triss armour replacer for Dark Brotherhood armour. Was hard to tell but it probably got a slight boost in detail. Thalmor Replacer is still active but Mystic Elven isnt. That one is a real blow. Female Muscle mod is destroyed but Oily skin remains active. Bit confusing really.

I just installed the textures then went in mod manager and uninstalled and reinstalled all of them again and now I have my SUPEr pretty textures and some random ones the bethesda pack covers :)

Yeah NMM makes the files date whenever you install it, wich is why archive invalidation was not necesaary or something like that.

A warning however.

I understand what you mean about the ridges and wrinkles but I think I initially spent an hour or more making the character as pretty as possible even with those disabilities lol. Some texture replacer mods remained fine and still active like the Triss armour replacer for Dark Brotherhood armour. Was hard to tell but it probably got a slight boost in detail. Thalmor Replacer is still active but Mystic Elven isnt. That one is a real blow. Female Muscle mod is destroyed but Oily skin remains active. Bit confusing really.

Thats why I use the the standalone rather than the replacer. (Well, that and I don't want those dirty Thalmor anywhere near my shiny armor.)

My Daedric, on the other hand, got SCREWED. I can't use the NMM version of that mod, because none of the 3 available variations are good enough for me. I use Bloody glow's glowes and boots, regular glow's armor, and no glow's helmet. When I saw it replaced, my eye twitched. Like a jackhammer.

My solution was to grab a BSA unpacker, pull out the textures that I wanted, bundled them up in a zip and installed through mod manager. I noted if there were any overwrites and reinstalled that particular mod or chose not to overwrite. I'm sure there are other ways, but by taking the textures out of the BSA files, I got the pick of the litter. I have one pack for clutter, one for dungeons, and a misc armor and weapons. Works well for me. I imagine I'll tweak my texture packs a bit if I find I take too much a FPS hit.

There is now a solution to the grievance!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/555176-bethesda-hd-pack-override/

Not my fix, but everybody should know about it.

It makes sense and much simpler than unpacking and zipping. I'm giving it a try. Thanks for pointing it out.