It is a texture pack after all,and it's available now! :D

Alithinos

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... enabling HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack01.esp invalidates any textures from mods that might conflict.

Yuck. Reminds me of the old Archive Invalidation problem.

I noticed it right away on the loading screen as it showed a dwarven warhammer (I use "Heroic Dwarven Armor and Weapons" by mgbeach) and it was back to the skyrim default textures. They might be higher res now, but they still suck compared to the Heroic textures.

EDIT - i don't know much about working with .esp files, but a quick examination of them with TESVnip reveals them to be empty except for the header? Why would a texture pack even need .esp files? I wonder what they are for?

If I am not mistaken, the save date of the files is what matters here. If your texture files were saved after the date the BSA files were saved then your textures should over write anything in the BSA's.

Basically, all of the textures are going to have to be re-saved. Not sure if any of the load order tools will work, or if they are even available yet. I have never used them. :S

I am about 10 minutes away from finishing the download. I will start a fresh game with no texture mods installed and try and get it uploaded to YouTube in 1080p. My second hard drive died so this might be painful recording in 1080p I will see in a few. Also I have the US Denver in steam selected and it is maxing out my download at 1.9 MB/s

EDIT - i don't know much about working with .esp files, but a quick examination of them with TESVnip reveals them to be empty except for the header? Why would a texture pack even need .esp files? I wonder what they are for?

To make the BSAs get loaded. The ESPs don't actually do anything, but their presence in the load order causes the BSAs to get loaded. Since the new ESPs get loaded after the main Skyrim esp, the associated BSAs do as well, so they override the ones in the vanilla textures BSA.

Not sure yet if this matters, but I had to manually add the .bsa archives to my Skyrim.ini file:

(added right after Skyrim - Shaders.base)

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa