CK errors

worldofscotty

For the saving problem, try disabling Filebox, Ultramon, or anything of that sort. If that doesn't work, put bAllowUnsafeSave=1 in SkyrimEditor.ini.

Any particular place within the ini files?..there are lots to choose from. :whistling:

Edit: Duh was thinking regular ini file..it's right there..sorry. But that doesn't work either :wallbash:

Edited by Aurielius

My problem so far is the various menus in the trait tab being blank or saying none. I can't select a race, faction, alignment, skin and it crashes when I select player in the template box. A majority of the other selections within object window have the same results as well. I thought this was a technical thing, but I haven't found anything on it yet. So perhaps I'm just doing it wrong?

Out of curiousity I went to file, opened data, and selected the skyrim master file, plus the update master file. I also clicked the two HQ packs plugin files. Everything loaded. Now all the spots that were blank or none are filled to the brim with... well, data. It seems to have solved this problem.

Edited by FATMACBRBN

I don't get any error message like the guys with the unicode problem, every time I try to load any data, it crashes right after I press OK. Even if I just open the data window and press OK without selecting an ESM/ESP it still crashes. I'm feeling rather trolled right now.

I know, right? How DARE people not know if a repeated error when starting up a new program for the first time is a bad thing or not! *rolleyes*

I don't have ANY previous modding experience, so when a program I've never used before brings up error after error the first time I follow the instructions in the official tutorial to the letter it I quite naturally assume that something is somehow wrong with it. You know, with them being called errors and all.

I don't see how that is worthy of a snarky comment at all. But thanks for that anyway. Maybe next time you see a thread like this you might consider helping people instead of making them feel stupid for not knowing any better.

Edited by studiodraven

What I personally don't enjoy is how awkward everything seems. As in, I drag a light sphere over from the light box to make my fireplace.. Well. Have light to it, and then with Brights turned on, looks normal. After I look at the light by turning off my brights, it just goes red and does nothing. Nothing at all.

And why is building a Solitude house so hard? Half the stuff doesn't fit, even when I'm using stuff for the same area general area.

To me it just feels really clunky, especially when I'm trying to look at something in another cell and one of those darn FX light things is in the way. Why does the WHOLE thing have to be selectable, instead of just the axis bars?

Maybe I'm just too used to TES IV CS and the G.E.C.K. to adapt too quickly, but I had no problem switching between the two.

Oh well.

So, any clue as to where the darn Alchemy and Enchanting stations are located? You'd think they'd be under Activators, but they're not.

-OneTrueForky

So this is it the Creation kit is... THE GECK FOR SKYRIM !!!!

Are they kidding us ? Noooo !

I have exactly the same issues i used to have with the GECK first version like half an hour loading datas, rendering issues in face part previews and crash when i close it as exemple.

I used to solve these problems by running it as administrator, but this time with the CK i can't because it is a F**** online link program, god i'm so angry !!!!!!

So i guess before modding the game we 'll have to mod the CK itself, what a joke...

Edited by MonsterMonkey