NO Loading Screen dungeon! (Pics+Pre-Release info)

DavideMitra

Hi! I'm here to present you a new concept of dungeon. I created a dungeon beneath Whiterun.

"(bored) So? Is that all?!"

There are no loading screens, the dungeon is located in Tamriel worldspace!

"What a crap! I bet it's just a incredibly small grotto like the one near Dragonsreach"

Absolutely not! It's a completely exterior, medium-sized dungeon that develops beneath Whiterun!

"How did you manage to create it?! Uhm...I bet the rain will clip inside! At least, it always happens when people create buildings in Tamriel Worldspace or things like that!"

Nope. Precipitation-free dungeon: no rain, no snow!

"What about the sunlight? I'm sure it will clip through the underground cave roofs. Remember, you can't beat the graphical engine's limits and you can't stop sunlight!!"

Except for the first small room, inside it will be pitch black! A realistic, underground cave system! From now on, candlelight spells and torches have a goal!

"So, is a vampire that enters inside of the dungeon still affected by sunlight penalties?"

I hope not. I'm still looking for an experienced scripter to solve this problem. If you know somebody good at scripting, please tell him/her to post here...we can talk about it! I could do it with some help! I just need that script, I don't know how to create it (I'm not good when it comes to creating custom scripts), but at least I have a starter idea!

"And what about the ambient sounds?"

When inside, you will only hear cave ambient sounds and the exterior sounds will be silenced!!!

"It looks too strange to my eyes! I still can't believe it!"

Scroll down, there are some proofs (pics)!

"Please, tell me more about the dungeon's special features. Also, when will it be the release date?!"

If you have questions, just ask.

If you like my project, please subscribe to the topic and stay tuned!

Thank you

DavideMitra, a Semi-Retired Skyrim Modder

PRE-RELEASE GALLERY

DUNGEON ENTRANCE FROM OUTSIDE

http://i.imgur.com/5qgtMcq.jpg

THE FIRST HALLWAY THAT LEADS BENEATH THE CITY

http://i.imgur.com/ad5yGml.jpg

A NIGHTINGALE-THEMED ROOM

http://i.imgur.com/1iB5B6i.jpg

A RANDOM ROOM

http://i.imgur.com/F3JeZSr.jpg

AN (UNACCESSIBLE) ENTRANCE TO A DWEMER RUIN

http://i.imgur.com/rwuLvwV.jpg

YOUR REWARD HIDEOUT

(THERE ISN'T A PIC THAT COULD DESCRIBE THIS, BECAUSE THE HIDEOUT IS HEAVILY CUSTOMIZABLE)

http://i.imgur.com/s35nnSN.jpg

Hi! Thank you...

Well...I have an old computer and I only noticed a certain fps drop inside of the hideout room: various light sources, lots of objects concentrated in a single room (there are many invisible objects too, mainly activators), etc.

So, most people won't notice an important fps drop or won't notice it at all (I repeat, everybody should consider that I have a not-too-modern computer. I can't even record some gameplay because it will lag like hell)

No, I don't plan to further develop the dungeon structure. And if I would, there wouln't be much space to do that (if I would dig outside of Whiterun's walls, I would be forced to place grass/rock patches over the tunnels (like the ones you see at the cave entrance). And many patches around Whiterun would look very bad.

The dungeon is a cave system that includes lots of hallways and some rooms (a giant room too: the ruin's one).

That Dwemer Ruin entrance is part of the Quest I created for the mod (it consists of exploring and using intelligence)

Since it's pitch black there are no living enemies: it would be too difficult to fight in the darkness and to avoid ambushes).

Also, the Ruin's Entrance provides 3 samples of "Natural Caves Dwemer Oil", a new ingredient that will reveal useful to create very powerful (but very very rare, because the ingredients are very rare) explosive arrows that have a decent explosion range. Another special feature of the mod is that you can forge natural weapons (aka realistic weapons like iron and steel ones) that have daedric quality and that can be upgraded to legendary level. Natural arrows become available at the forge too (like in Dawnguard) and provide the same amount of damage like daedric ones.

Edited by DavideMitra

Ah yeah, I forgot that you actualy have a limitation in space because of the soil. Would only leave the question why did you went through the hassle to acutaly integrate it into the tamriel worldspace instead of making a new interior cell?

I mean its much more impressive, but has its obvious downs

Edited by Shurugar

Would only leave the question why did you went through the hassle to acutaly integrate it into the tamriel worldspace instead of making a new interior cell?

Because "exterior dungeons" means:

- Realism #1:

In Vanilla Skyrim, should you like to enter inside of a cave, you must accept to be teleported to another dimension, far away from the natural exterior entrance. In my opinion, this breaks the game's immersion. And no, it's not fault of older computers. Look at old games like Gothic or Gothic 2. Their old graphical engine would permit to visit exterior dungeons without noticing fps drops.

- (should someone be inspired to my mod, and create a dungeon filled with enemies)

Realism #2:

Why would an enemy stop at the cave entrance instead of pursuing you into the wilderness? Exterior dungeons solve this problem.

However, is is important to say that this problem emerged with Skyrim: Oblivion enemies, in fact, would follow you outside.

- Psychological feelings:

I can't describe how beautiful it is when you are inside of a dungeon and you know that people are still following their shedule, trees are still moving because of the wind, etc.!

For instance, you are inside of your hideout room (which is located near the Whiterun main gate) and, some meters over your underground roof, there are guards patrolling the perimeter, traveling merchants selling their goods, horses sparing their time inside of a stable, etc.

They aren't virtually there. They - are - there!

Edited by DavideMitra

EDIT: now there is a script that permits vampires to enter the cave without receiving sunlight damage!!

And...Yes, inside it's pitch Black, however I wasn't right when I said ''it would be difficult to right enemies in the darkness'', because not every enemy has an incredibile speed like a skeever, and in this case it would be difficult for some foes to ambush you from behind, without giving you the time to prepare yourself for a fight.

I will add some enemies! Of course, slow enemies (maybe skeletons) themed with a dark and mysterious dungeon

Edited by DavideMitra

• 2 weeks later...