Give different body textures to a custom race

scot

Hello, I´ve been exploring the creation kit and found where the body textures are but I can´t find how to change body textures for a custom race I made.Has anyone figure how to do it?

Hello scot, the body textures are under Misc->TextureSets in 2 files called SkinBodyFemale_1 (there's loads more with the SkinBody- prefix) and SkinHandFemale. Those texturesets are then connected to ArmorAddons in the "Items" tab and those fit in an Armor piece called "SkinNaked".

The only problem I haven't solved yet is that when I make texturesets+armoraddons+armor for a custom race to have it's own body textures is that ALL custom races (be it a duplicate of an existing one or a new one) remain naked in-game. I've been trying to figure out how it works for the last couple of hours now... X_o

Yes I did that for my custom race, there is also in formlist the skinmalehumanbody and skinfemalehumanbody.The thing is I can´t assign my textures to my race.Í open the nakedtorsocustomrace for my race and in additional races I sould choose my custom race but when I press ok and go back i´s not chosen anymore and if I disable the custom race in nakedtorso and press ok and go back it´s not disabled :s I really can´t figure it out.I manage to create a playable race though.

Hmm... Did you do it according to these steps? First: Make two TextureSets; one for SkinBody and one for SkinHands. Second: did you make/add them to three ArmorAddon objects called "NakedFeet(-Customrace, etc...)", "NakedHands" and "Nakedbody"? And lastly: did you drag those three armor addons in the box in "SkinNaked" (or in your case: "SkinNakedCustomrace")?

Here's a pictorial of how you should do it:

So once you have those two texturesets, you use Body for the ArmorAddons called "NakedFeetCustomrace" and "NakedTorsoCustomrace" and Feet for "NakedFeetCustomrace". The originals for the nude body have that name without the Customrace-suffix, take a look at those.

Just swap the field in the ArmorAddon object that's named "Skin Texture" for your own textureset.

http://www.creationkit.com/images/1/1c/Jb_ArmorAddon01a.jpg

This is the last step where you drag those ArmorAddons to the field I marked in the "SkinNaked" Armor object . Those ArmorAddon objects are there so that the nude body actually shows up while the Armor object is just a container for those (in the case of a base body).

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3579/bodyfixer.png

Oh and those textures will only work when you've done the last step of adding them to your race in such an Armor object. Oh and don't forget to go to your Race and select it in the "Body Data" tab under "Skin".

I hope this helps. If I was too vague in my explanation let me know. :)

Edited by Seren4XX

@Baininja: Yep, just double-click on your custom race then in the "General Data" tab find the box that says "Copied Data" there select the Default race for the "Armor Race" field. Done.:smile:

@Scot, hey good to hear that man!:thumbsup:

Edited by Seren4XX

@Baininja: Yep, just double-click on your custom race then in the "General Data" tab find the box that says "Copied Data" there select the Default race for the "Armor Race" field. Done.:smile:

@Scot, hey good to hear that man!:thumbsup:

Great,thx :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...