The Skyrim CK has Been Released

David Brasher

Three months ago I was pumped! I was excited! I was going to do some serious Skyrim modding.

But a lot has happened since then. Now that we have the CK, I am busy with my job, a bit burned out on modding, and sick of playing Skyrim.

I have this vengeful desire to build a few Skyrim mods to fix issues that have been annoying me for three months.

Some Skyrim mods I plan to build:

(1) A mod with carriages in more towns.

(2) A leveled list overhaul mod to deal with leveled loot and leveled bandit gear and such.

(3) A gore reduction mod. (I am sick of walking in puddles of blood and tripping over severed body parts in every single dungeon I go into. Gore in a vampire dungeon -- good. Gore in an Imperial Legion fort -- what were the developers smoking? Gore in a bandit dungeon -- bad. Bandits seek gold, not people to torture, people to eat, or necromancy experiment subjects.)

The Oblivion mods I plan to finish building:

(1) A dungeon with boulderwork.

(2) A maze.

Now that things have changed, what are you planning on building?

When I get Skyrim for the PC(hopefully soon), I will try to learn the new scripting language, and any new features that are included with the Skyrim CK. For mods, I wish to start off and learn the new features(as I said..)

And then I will create some quest mods and plan to do a huge epic quest mod having to do with Khajiit, M'aiq, The Civil War(possibly), the Thalmor, Katia Managan(PREQUEL, anyone?) and finally the Khajiit Caravans wandering around Skyrim. Why do I want to do this quest mod? Well, it all started when I saw Khajiit to be disrespected by other races, especially Nords. I then planned to do the project when I learn enough from the CK. And M'aiq, in Morrowind he was on a small island and all lonely. In Oblivion he was traveling from Anvil to Leyawinn. And in Skyrim, he's a random encounter. Currently with Oblivion I will be doing a quest project that takes you to a village where you investigate a string of murders. It's going to be a (hopefully) detailed questline and you'll meet some interesting people along the way... P.S: If you want to help/get ideas for the project click my signature link. (Nord Blood project)

I hope I will have good luck with my mods. :biggrin:

Edited by 62firelight

Still finishing up a big Oblivion mod that's taken over a year so far... so I'm not even going to open up the CK until that's done.

Theoretically, big Skyrim quest mods are at least a year away, so hopefully there will still be demand for a grand Oblivion mod. :)

More people played Oblivion than Morrowind, and Morrowind is still fairly active. I doubt we have anything to worry about.

Skyrim Plans

-start my Thrall of the Solstice mod, now that the CK is out

-download anything that looks like it might let Skyrim compete with a heavily-modded Oblivion

-work on my Mysteriously Dangerous Dungeons Mod, Skyrim Edition

-rewrite some lore

Oblivion Plans

-Make some interconnected Mines and Caves

-Continue working on my Myseriously Dangerous Dungeons Mod, Oblivion Edition

-rewrite some lore

Morrowind Plans

-nothing to speak of, the Overhaul 2.0 pretty much made it perfect.

Daggerfall Plans

-hope that DaggerXL sees the light of day

Edited by Rennn

Other than a couple of hours on a friend's Xbox (which may as well be a demo, for the real version which will be available on PC in a few months time), I've barely played Skyrim.

Over the last few months, I've finally gotten Oblivion ready for my last big playthrough; so actually enjoying the many mods I've already created is my first priority. Once I do start on Skyrim modding, I'd like to recreate my Real-Time Interactions engine; assuming that it is both neccessary and possible in the new CK. My recent Obliv modding has also given me a lot of experience with survial mods; I've hacked a lot at Duke Patrick's (a man with brilliant ideas, and horrible scripting practices!) Basic Hypothermia, and tied it into food and drink mods. Skyrim sure seems like a fun place to battle the elements!

I don't have any plans for Skyrim atm, especially since Skyrim is absent from my current collection anyways. I will eventually get it though. When I do, I'll do a few equipment imports from Oblivion, or probably modifications of what's available for Skyrim will be first.

For Oblivion, I'm thinking of releasing a few private mods I have, one that's a more interactive experience with the Akatosh Dragons. The other big project I wanted to do was a huge new worldspaced Castle Crawl. Where you have from grounds, room to room, underground dungeon maze, all the way to the top of the main spire where you have to face the lord of the castle. Sort of like a Castlevania type thing. BUt in order to do so, you have to face several unique bosses and subbosses at each place.

However, I'm not sure if those plans will ever come about. /shrug

Edited by lonewolf_kai