Voice Diversity Overhaul

Trovahkiin

Greetings,

i honestly have no idea why this isn't a thing yet, but for me the biggest immersion killer in skyrim is the lack of diverse Voice acting. There are just so few voice actors in the game it's hard to feel a connection to any of the characters because they feel copy pasted. It would be AMAZING if a skilled modder could gather a group of voice actors and rerecord lines of dialogue for Skyrim NPC's. The main characters can and probably should stay the the same as they are, but random citizens definitely need an overhaul. There are many websites where talented voice actors can be contacted and hired for free like http://www.voiceacting.space/ for example. I know this is a massive task that requires a lot of time, but that never stopped skyrim modders ^^. If a modder is reading this, please consider this project. I know it's a mod everyone would want if done right.

This is actually something i have thought about to but i do think you have the answer in your own post. Time.

Very few people have the spare time to such a vast project. It is much more easy to mak mods changing texures or adding stuff than to organize people to do voice acting. Being a good and skilled moder dont mean that you know anything about how to make good voice or sound. making voice acting is not a programming task.

I would never spend that time without getting paid for it.

Making really good quality voices is not that easy. The voice acting in Skyrim iis terrible... and made by proffessionals.

But darn how nice it would be to chnge all the horrible voice acting af Skyrim. :smile:

This is actually something i have thought about to but i do think you have the answer in your own post. Time.

Very few people have the spare time to such a vast project. It is much more easy to mak mods changing texures or adding stuff than to organize people to do voice acting. Being a good and skilled moder dont mean that you know anything about how to make good voice or sound. making voice acting is not a programming task.

I would never spend that time without getting paid for it.

Making really good quality voices is not that easy. The voice acting in Skyrim iis terrible... and made by proffessionals.

But darn how nice it would be to chnge all the horrible voice acting af Skyrim. :smile:

Good point. But like i said, it being a massive project doesn't seem to be an excuse for a lot of modders because there sure are a lot bigger ones :D

Edited by Trovahkiin

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best way to approach this is to break it into smaller chunks, a couple characters at a time.

That being said, in order of preference and in your opinion, whose dialogue needs replacing and expanding the most?

Yeah like you said, it should definitely be done in chunks, maybe one city after another. I think the guards are the most obvious choice to start with because they are everywhere and off the top of my head, i think there are only like two male voices and one female. Then i think the women need an overhaul because they only have few voice actors as well (And they aren't very good at all). I think if the guards and women had an overhaul, it wouldn't be that obvious anymore how few voice actors there are and therefore it wouldn't kill the immersion that much. Of course the less NPC's sound like copy pastes the better. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, i didn't get a notification or email when you responded.

That would definitely give you the benefit of progressive improvement, based on the lessons learned on each mini-project. One thing I've noticed, in my very limited modding endeavors, is that not all voice types allow for follower dialog. When someone makes a follower mod, they are relegated to one of the few follower-able voice types, or they have to do custom voicing, which many (myself included) have no idea how to do. If someone were to diversify a few voices, and include all the lines needed for follower dialog, they would kill two birds with one stone.

• 1 month later...